where can i get a service manual

Got questions? We got answers....
parker72001

where can i get a service manual

Post by parker72001 »

wow :shock: :shock:
i have started a lot of topics, but i have a lot of questions, where the heck can i get a service manual, how much do they cost, i could win a 200 one for about 25 dollars on ebay, i was going to get one for twenty, the seller was going to end the auction and sell it to me, then some stupid guy bid on it, no offense if it was someone on this site, so what's a good price, can i get one at the dealership, they have microfiche ones on ebay but who has a microfiche reader, you'd have to be like 200 years old, no offense if anyone on this site owns a microfiche reader, anyway someone help, i need to know how to work on my bike without ruining it, thanks :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
parker
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I ordered mine from http://www.buykawasaki.com , but it was more expensive than the ebay price.

edit- nevermind, that site is stupid. http://www.rockymountainmc.com sells manuals. your dealer can get it too, or a place like denniskirk.com .
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I think they are $35-$40 from the dealer so $20-$25 on ebay isn't a bad deal. I got the service manual for my 89 for $10.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Go to http://www.ronayers.com and look at the FICHE. Look under publications when you get to the diagrams for your model.

There is the 200 manual, plus the 220 supplement. I think the 220 supplement is prety cheap. It may cost a little more than eBay, but if you buy them from ronayers, they will be new, the latest versions and no need to worry about the POTENTIAL negatives of buying from an individual. I say potential because it usually works out great, but just in case.

I think they are $32.something and maybe $8.something??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Here are the part numbers from the http://www.buykawasaki.com site and their prices from ronayers.com

Part Number: 99924-1181-08
Description: S/M KDX200H
Price: $32.50
Source: KAWASAKI

Part Number: 99924-1204-57
Description: S/M SUPP KDX220A
Price: $7.39
Source: KAWASAKI

The 200 manual is the latest for 1995 - 2005 KDX200. The second manul is the latest KDX220R supplement manual. It covers the few differences betweeen the 200 and 220R.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Here is where I got mine repairmanual.com. It's about $40 plus shipping for the supliment and manual mentioned above. Looks like they are currently back ordered though. :?

Your going to spend around $40 no matter where you get them. My advice would be to see who actually has one in stock and get it. I ended up ordering mine because the Kawi dealer was not able to get one off Kawi's perpetual back order. :mad:

Good luck.

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

RonAyers and BuyKawi are great to find part numbers (you won't find those in the manual btw). The IPB part (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) is a good thing from those sites (you won't find those in the manual btw).

Still...it's nice to have a book to LOOK at...sez me. Having a manual on CD would be a waste of time for me.

Pay particular note to the (if you have it) KIPS notes in the front of the manual that correct the error further on in the manual. They have the names of the sub-port drums wrong. Ask about that if you have a question.

The torque spec page is (should be) what you use the most.

It would be a good idea to take the bike suspension apart to clean and grease it. That job includes the swingarm and the steering bearings.....

Be prepared to replace some of 'em. I'd be surprised if the bearing for the bottom shock mount (in the unitrack knuckle) is any good.

...mine never is any good...

Ski's always is just fine...

..it must be a 'top bloke' kind'a thing!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

It could be the size of his caggots too... :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."