220-200 carb swap

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

220-200 carb swap

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Has anyone with a 220 done a carb swop with the 200..if so what differences. power wise did you notice & what adjustments if any were needed to make it perform the way it should.. e.g.. jet/needle swop etc.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

better off just have your carb RB'd
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The 220 carb is smaller diameter. This provides excellent low end throttle response, but not as much overrev. The 200 carb is larger, so it's the opposite. Changing to the 200 carb will give you a bit more top end. Sending the 220 carb to RB would be the best option, IMO.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

i live in the UK so it would probably cost quite a lot of money to ship the carb over to the states etc....however i know where i can purchase a bored out 200 carb to 36 or 37mm but dont know if the bottom end would suffer..i mostly ride tight single track & seldom ride w.o.t, my jetting & gearing are spot on so like the old sayin goes `if it aint broke`