should i replate?

Got questions? We got answers....
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

^ what he said. If the plating is fine, spend your money on having your head cut while it's off.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
dgraver

Post by dgraver »

got home after breakfast to find these sitting outside my door!!!! soooo stoked!! now i just have to take the stockers off and send the clamps to rb for the stem swap/axle mod.

Also have the head off and the carb off and all cleaned up ready to go out to rb to work the magic on that too..

Cylinder is going to langcourt for a new plate job and fresh wiseco...

so excited to ride this little beast after all this work!! :lol: :lol:
dgraver

Post by dgraver »

Everthing was sent out as of saturday!! cant come back quick enough!!

Anyway,
so now that i have these forks i have a few questions...

the spring rate is correct for my weight/riding (per racetech's site) so no change needed there. Im going to put fresh oil and new seals in as soon as the seals get in. so while i have the forks apart, would it be worth it to get gold valves for them?..
Would i even notice a difference? (Im still trying to wrap my head around the basics.. what are dampening/rebound, setting sag etc..) <---Speaking of that does anyone have a place to get some really good, easy to read info on suspension??

and before someone says "you dummy why did you buy a set of upside down forks? when you dont knw squat about suspension" I will answer with because my stockers are BEAT and a rebuild on those would be just as expensive as what i have now!

soo Any help?? much appreciated!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The thing about suspension is, you don't know what needs fixing until you can actually ride it! They might suit your riding style perfectly as is, or you may find them much too harsh in which case a re-valve or gold valves could be made to help.

So, just worry about getting them on the bike for now. After you get some seat time on it you can figure out if something needs to be changed.
dgraver

Post by dgraver »

thanks for the tip. so the forks seals dont seem to be leaking, and i can hear plenty of oil swooshin around in there... so i guess ill ride it for a bit
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I'll second what juliend said.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R