REVLOC ...

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

REVLOC ...

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Regretfully, Revloc will soon be moving away from the motorcycle industry. For a limited time, kdxrider.net (along with Revloc) will be offering the Revloc Dyna Ring Auto Clutch for a limited-time price of $329 + $12 S&H.

The 5% discount from Revloc will no longer be available.

If you are interested in purchasing the Dyna Ring at this first-come, first-served offer, watch the top of the screen for a clickable link to Revloc's Dyna Ring.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
220ripper
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 220ripper »

They closing up shop? :shock:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
220ripper wrote:They closing up shop? :shock:
Not closing up, just moving away from the motorcycle industry.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

:roll:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
makeshoes
Supporting Member

Post by makeshoes »

What about replacement parts? Will they be available? Friction plates? Should I stock up now? Thanks.
'02 KDX200 Plated
'02 VL800
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

Unfortunately this is true. We will still be around for sometime providing assistance. You will also be able to get spare parts such as plates from Barnett. You shouldn't need to worry about anything for years though.

If you do want to stock up on parts you certainly can.

Rgds
Alan
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
sped66 wrote:
Unfortunately this is true. We will still be around for sometime providing assistance. You will also be able to get spare parts such as plates from Barnett. You shouldn't need to worry about anything for years though.

If you do want to stock up on parts you certainly can.

Rgds
Alan
Thanks, sped66! :partyman:
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

A little more info on what has been going down between Revloc and Rekluse. It had been said over at TT that Revloc was supposedly infringing upon Rekluse's patents. Well, that doesn't appear to be the case according to court documents: Drussel Wilfley Design, LLC v. Youngwerth et al

Also, Jeff Slavens (mtnmotorman) over at KTMtalk had this to say...
Hello Guys:

Here’s a little more fuel for your fire.

The auto clutch was invented by Doug Drussel. Doug worked for A.R. Wifley in Denver, Colorado. They manufacture pumps for heavy industry. I rode the very first one. Doug installed it in a KX500 on a Friday afternoon, ran it up and down his driveway a few times then met with a few of us the next day for a trail ride. He let me take it for a quick spin and although I was very impressed I did not use one until recently. Doug and the A.R.Wifley company patented the auto clutch.

Doug is a motorcycle enthusiast and Wifley is not and it was never a match made in heaven. Doug is an engineer, not a marketing guru, and Wifley controlled the purse strings so the product was never marketed well. While this dysfunctional union was floundering along, Rekluse came along, stomped all over the patents, and took the majority of the market with great marketing. (I’m not condemning or condoning Rekluse’s actions so back off Buckwheat) Sometime later Wifley filed suit for patent infringement and the legal action has been dragging along for many years.

Recently the case was settled out of court and we will never know exactly what happened, nor should we. It is not our business.

Here is a brief summary of what I’ve been told by the Revloc crew and some of it is what I’ve read between the lines.
1) Neither Revloc nor Rekluse are making any money selling clutches at the current pricing. The Revloc Dyna Ring and the Rekluse EXP should be selling for $600-$700 and the EXP Core Pro should be selling for $1200 -$1400 for the companies to have reasonable profit margins to sustain business.
2) Although Revloc, a subsidiary of A.R. Wifley, was having a record sales year with the new Dyna Ring, the settlement gave Wifley a chance to unload a burden, put a little money in the bank (possibly cash or future royalties or both) and move on.
3) Revloc will stop selling auto clutches (NOT close the doors) on July 14th, the patents will be transferred to Rekluse, and the prices WILL go WAY up.
4) Revloc will continue to offer customer support and will take care of possible warranty issues for quite some time.
I left off the non-relevant stuff. The original post in it's entirety can be found at the following link: http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=426965&st=15
Last edited by SS109 on 12:16 pm Aug 15 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Thanks for the info.....
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
hornet8118

Post by hornet8118 »

i was curious if the dyna ring link that was mentioned earlier in this post is going up anytime soon. I'd like to purchase one before they're gone but revlocs site is down. Hope i'm not to late :? Thanks

Hornet
2003 kdx 220 plated
2001 klx 300r
2004 crf 250x plated
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

As mentioned in my post above, Revloc has ceased to sell ALL auto-clutches, including the Dyna-Ring, as of July 14th. So, unfortunately, you are about 6 days too late. Now the only auto-clutch options for a KDX is finding a used Dyna-Ring or buying a new EFM for $625. I don't expect Rekluse to be as accommodating as Revloc was.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

RevLoc web site no longer exists
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I really hated selling my dyna ring. 2 weeks ago I went riding for the 1st time without it and stalled 3 or 4 times. I've gotta get my brain wired again for using my left hand (insert joke here).
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Why did you sell your Dyna?
'11 GasGas EC250R
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Why did you sell your Dyna?
I wanted to sell it now while the fibers were still in good shape so I could get back part of what I paid for it. I wasn't 100% confident that I could get fibers in the future. Plus I'm not sure exactly what that material is on both sides of the Ring itself, but I would expect it would wear like the fibers themselves.
eyedragaknee

Brand new REV LOC never installed

Post by eyedragaknee »

I have one listed in the parts area. It is my spare. They are awesome! I have the other in my personal bike.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Brand new REV LOC never installed

Post by frankenschwinn »

eyedragaknee wrote:I have one listed in the parts area. It is my spare. They are awesome! I have the other in my personal bike.
Still have it?
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

REVLOC ...

Post by kdxtreme »

Looks like enduro pilot in iowa has them for 379.00.
Did I say riding?
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: REVLOC ...

Post by frankenschwinn »

They are out of the revloc for the KDX but are working with Rekluse to develop a EXP
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

REVLOC ...

Post by kkim »

I just got an email from Gerald Davies <sales@revloc.com.au> and he says they are now selling the Revloc Dynaring for $500 AUD delivered to the US, if anyone is interested. :grin:

http://www.revloc.com.au/prod42.htm
2017 Husqvarna FE250