1995 KDX 200 rattle....

Got questions? We got answers....
prowrench78

1995 KDX 200 rattle....

Post by prowrench78 »

I have searched the posts for some info on the bottom end noise I am hearing. I have narrowed it down with a screwdriver to my ear and have found that my bike is knocking between the flywheel and the countershaft where the needle bearings for the tranny shaft are. My question is is it something in the bottom end or the gears themselves? maybe a rod, bearing,? It knocks pretty good at idle, still there as you rev and not so noticable at high rpm. I just bought the bike as an alternative to my DR350S. So I haven't heard the two stroke noises in a while. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :shock:
chadr
Supporting Member

Post by chadr »

I think you'll have to take off the flywheel cover and check for play in the main bearings. You will likely end up taking the right side engine cover off too so you can see where the excess clearance is coming from. If nothing shows up there then you could always pull the cylinder to check the rod bearing play. Just wiggle around all the gears and shafts.

Next step would be to split the cases and see whats going on.
1989 KDX 200
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

kdx's do rattle like all hell at idle. Mine is all tight, and still sounds like a diesel engine on crack at idle. Might be nothing to worry about?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Sound anything like this?

[youtube][/youtube]
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
prowrench78

Post by prowrench78 »

yeah it sounds like that. But has more of a metallic clank. But really close. Thanks Guys.