deeper clutch cover Revloc autoclutch

Got questions? We got answers....
swatts

deeper clutch cover Revloc autoclutch

Post by swatts »

When we installed the old-school, non Dyna-ring autoclutch I got used on ebay, the clutch cover didn't have enough clearance, the clutch couldn't spin. So we made a 1/8" gasket. That gasket is deteriorating. Does anyone know of a spacer that went with this auto-clutch, or a deeper (Hinson?) aftermarket clutch cover, or even have this auto-clutch, what is happening on your bike?
Thanks,
Scott
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

So this is a Revloc clutch, but not the dyna ring? Do you have any pictures of it?
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

If it's anything like the EFM autoclutches I'm familiar with, then it should have come with a spacer for the clutch cover. The one on my Husky 125 is about 1/4".
David Eckel
swatts

Post by swatts »

I will have to get pix, that risks trashing the jerry-rigged gasket even more (not leaking yet). It is NOT the Dyna ring, it's the old, expensive one. Revloc doesn't remember a spacer, they want pix too. thanks for the help.
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

What hits on the clutch cover? Is it the little needle bearing that the clutch rod pivots in? If so, then you could consider grinding it out of the cover to get clearance. If you're hitting around the perimeter of the clutch cover, then you will need some kind of spacer.

You could consider using universal gasket material from Pep Boys and cutting out several gaskets which you could stack up to get clearance, too.
David Eckel
swatts

Post by swatts »

Thanks all, I got a cheap (19$) dremel look-alike, and after 1.5 hours of aluminum dust bouncing off my safety glasses, the clutch fits with the stock clutch cover, with only one stock OEM gasket, no leaks. Took out the bearing, and a lot of the reinforcing ribs at the top. I don't think I'll ever know for sure, but this Revloc clutch wasn't for a KDX, or maybe it was for the early liquid cooled 200's, not the 220 A series. Works perfectly now however.
Thanks,