New owner of a 93 250

Got questions? We got answers....
spaun
Supporting Member

New owner of a 93 250

Post by spaun »

hey all Im the new proud owner of a 93 kdx 250.Im really enthusiastic about this purchase.Ive been searching this site for info on the (91-94)kdx 250,but havent had much luck finding topics.If anyne can help me out with general info on mods,maintanance,or just give some info on this bike,it would be very helpful.ty Shaun
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I personally really love the grunt of my '94 KDX250. The chassis not so much. It just doesn't compare to a 200 for handling in tight, twisty singletrack. It is heavy (234 lbs dry!) due to being overbuilt. If they only would have put the KDX250 engine in the same year KX250 chassis they really would have had something! They are notorious for running really rich. Spend some time getting it jetted right and you will be rwarded with one stump pulling 2T!

Mods are pretty much the same as any other '89+ KDX. Suspension, pipe, reeds, etc. Maintenance is just like any other 2T as well.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
spaun
Supporting Member

Post by spaun »

Hey thanks for the insight,Are the rb mods available for the 250 ?And the dynalock ring?Could uyou help me out with the whole e and h code things I keep seeing?Or do those not pertain to the 250? :? Sorry Im so noobish when it comes to the kdx lingo,its my 1st 2t(im thinking this means 2 stroke?)Once again thanks.Shaun
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Ron (RB) can do all the mods he does for the other KDX's to the 250. His standard carb mods, along with having the slide cut to #6 specs, will make a very noticeable difference. Having said that, the head mod would be a waste of money IMO. You can achieve basically the same thing by using a '90 KX 250 head gasket and it is more affordable.

The whole "E" and "H" thing does not apply to the 250. The '91-'94 KDX250 is a "D" series. Some parts do interchange but not a whole lot.

As for 2T, you got it right! :cool:
'11 GasGas EC250R
spaun
Supporting Member

Post by spaun »

Thanks again.
spaun
Supporting Member

Post by spaun »

Hey ss109 I noticed the silencer on this bike is all broken up I found a stock 1 for 99$ A dg oval core for 89$ And the FMfs are about 120+,If you were in my situation what would you do?On a different note took her for a spin today and man Im not used to the 2t power,front wheels coming up real easy but its super loud with the silencer out.People were looking @ me like this :roll: ,O ya mines titled for the street.1 more thing I cant seem to PM other members?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

The DG silencers are nice but are not off road legal in most states. Plus, all U.S. Forestry, BLM, and most State Trust lands require one. Unless you plan on riding only on private property or MX tracks I would go with something that has a spark arrestor.

As for sending PM's, you have to be a supporting member to use that feature.
'11 GasGas EC250R
spaun
Supporting Member

Post by spaun »

Ok I supported but I didnt see the whole donation scale tilll after woulda really liked a sticker pack.