EFM autoclutch question?

Got questions? We got answers....
Mountainman650

EFM autoclutch question?

Post by Mountainman650 »

Hey guys
I was wondering if the EFM set-up was just a drop in or , if you
have to send in your parts to have "reworked"??
This set-up seems like it would be a blast in the tight nasty trails.

This site is great, but if I just added the EFM and a Scotts steering damper
I'll have about as much cost as I paid for the bike,LOL,LOL,LOL.... :mrgreen:
Oh well i guess thats a good thing ,right,? I'll just have to tell the wife that these are my necassary "SAFETY" mods' that weren't available back in old 93'.....lol... :wink:

I was soo tempted , recently in our local Auto Locator sales book .
There was an 05' KDX 220R with 4 hours on it for like 3800.$$
If I hadn't recently bought this KDX 250, I would have jumped on it .
Sounded pretty good to me...

I'm still tinkering with my jetting , and it's getting much better , just don't have quite enough time to get out to ride... :sad:
Thanks
Dave
93' KDX 250
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Dave!
I have 3 times what I paid for the bike in it. So, you have some catching up to do! :lol:

EFM reworks your clutch hub I think... not sure on their turn around time but I would contact them first. It seems that Ski said something about the interhub was taking some time to get modified or something of that nature.

I'm with you on the Autoclutch though and I think it is on my list for this winter. That Magura hydraulic clutch (the one you use for a brake ) is $200 alone! :shock:

Then $400 for the Autoclutch and another $100 (playing it safe here) for misc parts.

It's an investment for sure! :blink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Garry at EFM reworks your clutch. You send the whole thing to him, he does absolute magic to it with his CNC machine and sends it back to you, you stick it in and never worry about clutch use again. The mod is by far the one that has most improved my riding skill and makes dirtbikeing for me that much more enjoyable.

It was about $450 for the clutch mods and I got the hand operated rear brake free. I developed an installation guide for Garry using a couple of dozen photos of my clutch being removed and reinstalled with the mods. If you get the auto-clutch, the color photos of the mod and the text is all my work. I didn't do it for any payment, just to help out Garry and KDX owners. Garry showed his appreciation by giving me a hand operated rear brake set-up. I did and installation guide for that and sent it to him as well. He's a great guy. BTW, he's very busy applying his auto-clutch proceedure to Harley's . That's right, the work he does can handle a full Harley motor and drivetrain. I think it might hold up to a 200 cc dirtbike. What do you think.

http://www.efmautoclutch.com/
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Ski... I've owned several Harleys... And they are wimps in the HP department. (DON'T FLAME ME!) A KDX has a little over half the horse of a stock 1340 Harley... pretty amazing ain't it! My Triumph's ate Harleys for snacks! :lol:

Never the less.... I'm sure his work is top notch and I will be purchasing one too... Talk to him Ski about throwing in the $200 Magura setup for me K? :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Host him on your site as a vendor for free and I bet he'll do something for ya!!!

Check out his site; he has a photo of a harley doing a third gear burnout. Lots of smoke.

I don't know about HP but they are pretty torquey.

I can't wait for more of you guys to get an auto clutch. If you liked KX forks, you are going to go banana's over an autoclutch. I wouldn't part with either, but knowing what I do about each mod, I'd go with an auto clutch first if I was having to go with only one mod right now.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

All that kit consists of is the Magura lever/ master cylinder and a SS braided brake line. Check on gettng the Magura part though a local dealer and the brakline can be had just about anyplace that custom makes lines. Garry uses Spanglier.
Jerry

PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

My local places couldn't deal with the master cylinder end end of the custom stainless brake hoses, so I had to get one from Speigler. That is why I sent Gary to Speigler, it was hard to find anywhere that could do the custom work off of a phone quote, and the locals couldn't do it at all...

Phil
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for pointing out that company. Here's the website, if anyone else is interested.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Uh... sorry to point this out guys.... they don't make 'em in green! :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Galfer make 'em in green. Someone posted something about Riding, I think the clamp for the KX brakeline thread. They make a complete package using the Galfer brakeline and fittings. I don't know either of their website addresses.
Jerry