kdx220 reed valve choice

Got questions? We got answers....
market

kdx220 reed valve choice

Post by market »

Hi, i've got to buy a new reed valve for my kdx220 and i was thinkin' about a V-force 2 or a V-Force3...

except the stoppers that are not the same there are differences in power delivery? i've heard many times that Vf2 are better 'cause the reeds break less...

Thank you so much! :wink:
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

i run a boysen rad valve with the boysen dual stage reeds in my 03 220..good strong bottom to mid range pull just where you need it :grin:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I bought the VF3's and am pretty happy with them. When I was looking I didn't come across any 2's so I'm not sure you will have the option unless you find something on ebay.

I have not heard of the reeds breaking, how common is that?
220ripper
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 220ripper »

VF3 's :supz:
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

I run vf2 reeds I found on flea bay for 79.00 and they made a difference in throttle response.
market

Post by market »

I found both vf2 and vf3 on ebay......important thing, i'm loooking for a nice and strong low-mid rpms.....not everything on the top, so some guys told me that a vf2 is better than the vf3 for that purpose....

thank you
:wink:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

For the price you may want to look into getting your carb done by RB if you haven't. I made the mistake of doing the carb and the vf3 at the same time so I cant say what made the biggest difference where but many others have done the carb alone and have had good things to say.

I have only used the 3's so I am no help as far as which one gives better power where.