top end question

Got questions? We got answers....
kawie

top end question

Post by kawie »

i just completed the top end on my kdx.added antifreeze an fired it up.waited for it to warm up an shut it off.checked the antifreeze an it was full of bubbles almost looked like a yellow green milk shake.found a few particles floating in it too,figured it was scale from the head an jug an rads.drained an fired it up few more times to get some of the scale out.then rode it for about 10 min at most an the bubbles were gone.is all this normal was the air just working there way out of the system an is the scale floating around normal too.
thanks
Kawie
2004 kx125
2001 kdx220
2000 kx250
1996 kx250
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

If you didn't bleed it from the plug on top of the LH rad as well as the air bleed screw on top of the head then that would be perfectly normal. Bleeding the air out from those two locations should prevent this.
ChubbyWookie

Post by ChubbyWookie »

Yes when filling radiator be sure to crack the bleed screw on top of the head. fill the radiators till it starts to seep out of bleed screw then close bleed screw. Keep the radiator cap off until all bubbles are gone.

Hopefully not the case. But usually when you get a milk shake consistency in the coolant that means the head gasket isn't sealing properly or possible cracked head.
big gear head

Post by big gear head »

I just did a top end rebuild on mine and I opened the bleeder on the head and the left radiator when I filled the cooling system. I didn't get any bubbles in mine when I ran it.
'98 KDX220
kawie

Post by kawie »

no i didnt bleeders.
thanks
kawie
2004 kx125
2001 kdx220
2000 kx250
1996 kx250