New guy KIPS question.

Got questions? We got answers....
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

So the bike did the same thing today, except I noticed that it pulled fine in the top gears, at speed. My KLX ran like **** the first time out this year too. I didn't know if it was me (because I hadn't ridden all winter), or the bike, but the next time I got on it, after filling up, it felt great.

This year was the first time I've ever used fuel stabilizer, and I put it in everything. So... I drained the fuel, put new stuff in, and went back out. It still fell flat on top, but it revved out. A few more runs through the gears, and I'm pretty sure it's fine now.

After reading so many horror stories about the KIPS, I was scared thats what it was :partyman:
Ontario, Canada
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

>|<>QBB<
zomby woof wrote:So the bike did the same thing today, except I noticed that it pulled fine in the top gears, at speed. My KLX ran like **** the first time out this year too. I didn't know if it was me (because I hadn't ridden all winter), or the bike, but the next time I got on it, after filling up, it felt great.

This year was the first time I've ever used fuel stabilizer, and I put it in everything. So... I drained the fuel, put new stuff in, and went back out. It still fell flat on top, but it revved out. A few more runs through the gears, and I'm pretty sure it's fine now.

After reading so many horror stories about the KIPS, I was scared thats what it was :partyman:
The kip's is a beautiful thing as long as size 14 hands and the 12" crescent
wrench is kept out off from it
rsr02
Supporting Member

Post by rsr02 »

so anyway...looks like my KIPS is working and I played around a little witht the carb, less smoke just no big hit coming up on the pipe...just the nature of the beast I guess
1997 220, KLX forks-pipe-reeds-trials tire