New Noise

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

New Noise

Post by Mark W »

Took the day off and went riding again. Had a chance to ride a friends 2003 KDX200 to compare to my 02 220. Not that much of a difference but then again, I'm maybe not the best judge. His is spitting spooge everywhere so when it gets jetted correctly, I'm sure the bike will improve.

anyway, while putting the bike back into the truck, I got a funny sound from the front wheel. Seems to be coming from the side that has the odometer cable going into. Seems to be coming from that area. Sounds like rubber rubbing against something. No squeals or squeeks, just that rubber rubbing sound.

I took off the old odometer and put on a trailtech. I used the plug from the trailtech kit to plug tohe old hole if this helps with the diagnosis.

Thanks again for the help. It was a hot one today. Mid 90's and had to be an equal amount of humidity. Track and trails were dry dry dry. Couldn't follow a four wheeler caue you couldn't see. Saw a four wheeler hit a jump way too fast. It was a big one with a big drop on the back side. He went over the whole thing, bouced and went right over the front of the atv. All I saw next was dust. Rode over there to see if he was OK. Asked if he went over the bars and he said, "Uh, I don't know". Told him he better quit for the day as he wasn't looking too good. Had a lot of buddies riding with him so he got back OK.

Mark
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well Mark... That's your KDX begging for a KX frontend! No way around it now... the KDX has spoken! :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That ODO is gear driven... probably the gear drive hitting on the plug... I wouldn't worry about it....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I would check the gears in the old drive unit. You may want to partly disassemble it or disable it if you aren't using it and it is causing a noise. Any chance there is dirt/grass stuck in there?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Could it be a dry bearing seal?
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's