Dyna Ring Hell (SOLVED)

Got questions? We got answers....
Fatherof2
Supporting Member

Post by Fatherof2 »

Does anyone know if the latest version of the DR helps with these issues? I hear it is made just a bit differently, and is 420 bucks.
For God and Country......Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo!!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Made differently, how?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

>|<>QBB<
sped66 wrote:After speaking with Dave at Revloc, and fully explaining my experience, the only thing left to do is take it apart again & make darn sure the pressure plate is lining up with the inner hub 100% correctly. That & he suggested a sprocket change might help favorably.
(I'm running the stock 13/47 atm. I didn't quite like the tight 13/50 combo I was running before the DR install, but neither do I like the 13/47. Think I'll try 12/47 which might be just a tad lower than the 13/50?)

I'll give it some more time, another test ride or two, & see how it goes. Could be a few weeks before I have anything definitive to report.
I'm running 13/48. If I were going to doing anything different, I'd go back to stock.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
makeshoes
Supporting Member

Post by makeshoes »

It sounds like my H model in your video. It is a little hard to tell all the elevation changes in the video though. I do run mine with the stock 3 springs in it. Good luck!
'02 KDX200 Plated
'02 VL800
220ripper
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by 220ripper »

are you running 2 springs or 3?

I tried it with the stock 3 for a few rides and wanted to see what 2 would feel like. . basically the same feel but a quicker engagement point ..
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:I think I'm going to contact Alan at Revloc and see what he says.
I'd be an eager tester if he has anything to send. I like the product, but apparantly I'm not alone in wishing for something crisper. I'm really on the fence so far. Think I'll contact Revloc as well.
David_L6 wrote:I'm running 13/48. If I were going to doing anything different, I'd go back to stock.
I've definately decided to stay stock. Much less shifting & is close enough for me. Plus, I'd feel like I was putting a band-aid on the wrong scratch if I went back to tighter gearing.
makeshoes wrote:It sounds like my H model in your video. It is a little hard to tell all the elevation changes in the video though.
Mine's an H too. Elevation ranges probably around 100 feet overall at most I think, but does so somewhat quickly in places.
220ripper wrote:are you running 2 springs or 3?
Two.
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

Nice video!
We dont have any other springs. However, you should find that the springs you have in it at the moment will take a bit of a set and get a little weaker.
Sounds pretty good, defiantly be in the right gear and keep the revs up. Use ATF!

Rgds
Alan
Crud. Well since I have extra springs I'm not using anyway, maybe I'll heat a couple of them up to see if I can weaken them a tad & give that a try.
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Now it really is dyna ring hell :wink:

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Regretfully, Revloc will soon be moving away from the motorcycle industry. For a limited time, kdxrider.net (along with Revloc) will be offering the Revloc Dyna Ring Auto Clutch for a limited-time price of $329 + $12 S&H.

The 5% discount from Revloc will no longer be available.

If you are interested in purchasing the Dyna Ring at this first-come, first-served offer, watch the top of the screen for a clickable link to Revloc's Dyna Ring.
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:Now it really is dyna ring hell :wink:
No ****! With all the initial problems with it, I'm still trying to get my Dyna to perform the way I want it to, it has less than 4 hours on it, and now the company is bailing on us? :evil:
'11 GasGas EC250R
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

sounds pretty sucky
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I should have just saved up for an EFM auto-clutch and been done with it. I think I'll sell it now before parts become a nightmare to get so someone that doesn't ride as much, or as hard, as I do can enjoy it for a long time.
'11 GasGas EC250R
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

I'll just keep mine if the "weaker springs" idea works out. I'm too stubborn to throw in the towel just yet. If/when it ever starts falling apart I'll just go back to the stock clutch.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Please let me know how the springs work out. I might stick with it if they makes a huge difference.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

That sucks. Trail Rider Magazine just gave the Dyna Ring a Nice Wite-Up. Sorry to hear about your problems, I enjoy using my, but it did take a bit to understand & get it adjusted
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoKDX220r »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:I should have just saved up for an EFM auto-clutch and been done with it. I think I'll sell it now before parts become a nightmare to get so someone that doesn't ride as much, or as hard, as I do can enjoy it for a long time.
I moved from an EFM (installed by previous owner) to standard clutch and I really don't regret it !! Just sell your DR and think about another mod :grin:
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
JoKDX220r wrote:>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:I should have just saved up for an EFM auto-clutch and been done with it. I think I'll sell it now before parts become a nightmare to get so someone that doesn't ride as much, or as hard, as I do can enjoy it for a long time.
I moved from an EFM (installed by previous owner) to standard clutch and I really don't regret it !! Just sell your DR and think about another mod :grin:
Thing is, I ride extremely aggressive. I don't just put along unless I'm riding alone. Where I ride there are very tight turns that I need to practically lock up the brakes, turn, and launch out. Sometimes I will hit the rear brake just a bit ahead of grabbing the clutch lever and stall the engine. At minimum that kills my momentum and at worst I drop the bike. Both zap my energy and my flow.

The Dyna Ring fixed that but I want something that will lock up just above idle so that I can keep my speed up better. Are you saying the EFM won't do that? As far as auto clutches go, EFM is the only option left.
'11 GasGas EC250R
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoKDX220r »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote: Thing is, I ride extremely aggressive. I don't just put along unless I'm riding alone. Where I ride there are very tight turns that I need to practically lock up the brakes, turn, and launch out. Sometimes I will hit the rear brake just a bit ahead of grabbing the clutch lever and stall the engine. At minimum that kills my momentum and at worst I drop the bike. Both zap my energy and my flow.

The Dyna Ring fixed that but I want something that will lock up just above idle so that I can keep my speed up better. Are you saying the EFM won't do that? As far as auto clutches go, EFM is the only option left.
Then I'm sure you better stay away from the EFM, it can help but you'll have to spend a lot of time tuning it, and it will keep stalling.... You'll also loose your clutch lever..
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

EFM states that you keep your clutch lever. The tuning I don't mind as long as it will do what I want. Keep stalling? Would you please elaborate on all three points you made? Did you try one on a KDX as you didn't say that is what bike you had it on? Do you just not like auto clutches? More info is needed!
'11 GasGas EC250R
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoKDX220r »

Here's a reply from Garry at EFM about the clutch lever : " Sorry no, the KDX clutch works backwards compared to most newer style clutchs "
My bike is a kdx 220 2003, the previous owner was johnkdx220 you can get an idea of the troubles he get throught when he installed it : http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... hlight=efm

I like autoclutches, I tried some ktms with rekluse on them that worked fine.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Why are they getting out of the MC Business?
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr