Hydro/Fender Kit Supplies

Got questions? We got answers....
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Hydro/Fender Kit Supplies

Post by m0rie »

gwII brings up a good point about having a First Aid Kit in your Hydro/Fender pack. What other tools, etc. do the rest of you carry?

I've got:

Basic First Aid Kit
Survival Blanket
Quick Steel
Leatherman
Flashlight
5ft Duck Tape rolled onto a cut pencil
2 Powerbars
Extra Pair of Gloves
ZipTy's
Extra Plug
Wire Brush
Fredette Riders wrench (rear axle nut and spark plug)
Y wrench with 8,10 & 12mm sockets
1" Flat Nylon Rope (zipty'd to the upper fork leg)

I'm going to add a front fender pack for the next major trip I make,
but I need to outfit it with the necessary items that i'm missing.

I was thinking:

extra 21" tube and inflation carts.
Tire Spoons

What else should I throw in there?
Last edited by m0rie on 12:46 am Nov 27 2006, edited 1 time in total.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

I have everything off this list:
http://www.blueridgeracing.com/enduroKit3.htm
(purchased the kit, and then decided to use a different smaller bag but the same items).

Phil
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Thats a nice kit Phil. I was suprised at the price, it seemed high to me but when I started looking at the pieces I realized thats a pretty good deal.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Duct tape, chewing gum, fencing wire and my swiss army knife and I'll fix or make just about anything. Cheers MacGyver

seriously though hers the advice I was given;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPARES

6,8,10,12,14,17mm ring open end spanners
5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12mm sockets
5 philipshead & 4 straight blade screw driverheads & tbar for them
allen keys
bull nose pliers
1/4 drive ratchet
25 function tool leatherman(pointy nose pliers,scissors,file,knife that sort of thing)
puncture repair kit
2 tyre inflation bottles & valve tool
front tube
cut down 24mm ringspanner for wheel nuts
Kneedit (for case repairs)
spark plug
shorty clutch / brake lever
cable ties
electrical tape & duct tape
tyre levers(metzler)
Bic lighter
10,15,20,30 amp fuses
tow rope
water proof matches

First aid kit

triangle bandage
gauze bandage, pressure badage
bandaids
saline bottles (little cute ones)
latex gloves
CPR mask
cotton tape
emergency blanket

All the above fits (just) into a Fox bumbag with the hope I never have to use any of it.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Man, you guys are either going way further out into the woods than a weeklong African Safari, or you are over packing.

I take basic tools to get at the main parts of the bike I have a chance of getting working again to make it back to the truck. I keep things like spare levers back at the truck but I don't take them with me. I can ride back without a brake or clutch lever if needed. (Autoclutch now, so not an issue.)
A tow rope is good.
Cell phone too. (ask Doug. He called me a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't make it riding. He was LOST!!!! I pulled out a map, figgered out where he was and got him back to his truck)
clip-on screw driver to adjust the clickers front and rear mounted to my front number plate.
small bicycle pump to adjust air pressure as needed on the trail. It mounts to my subframe. (but no gauge. Learn to know by feel what you are running.)
extra hardware like needle clips. I have an old needle with 5 clips on it. Loose that on the trail and you'd be cryin'.
Other hardware; the origonal fork bleeder screws in case one of my motionpro bleeders breaks off.
A mirror. Anyone with contacts who doesn't take a mirror with them is asking for it.....right CC? I have mine mounted to my helmet. It's supposed to work as a rear view mirror, but I adjust it to see how cool I look as I'm riding.
A strip of double sided velcro. Makes the worlds strongest tape look wimpy.
5-minute 2 part epoxy.
A tiny maglite flashlight
reading glasses. (Also for the contact lens wearer who needs bi-focals)
A small magnifying lens. I can read the jets I'm swapping that way. I can't read them no matter what without that. It will also start a fire if the sun is out. I've actually used it to fix a flat by melting a pinch in a tube using the sun.
Energy bar (No matter what the injury, it's a good idea to eat something I always say.)

Is that it? I'll have to think somemore.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
hoodoo

Post by hoodoo »

I think its one of those things....are you ever really totaly prepared? We try our best and usually we are happy our buddy has the item or bright idea to bail us out and get us back home. I ride by myself a fair amount of the time so I want to be able to get out and get back on my own. I certainly need more space on the bike to pack more gear, depending on the type of ride I am going on.
I love all the info, it gives me great ideas on how I need to outfit the KDX.