Steering Damper.

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

When I set up my Scotts dampener, I bought some wrong parts. No problem with Scotts, I just called them and they said to send them back. In the mean time, they sent me the right parts and credited me the return parts. All it cost me a a few bucks in extra shipping. Scotts even sent me the right parts before getting the wrong ones back.

BTW don't go with the weld on tower. There isn't much room with the big KDX tank to get it to fit right IMO.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'll have to dig out my old KX top clamp and check it out. Thanks guys. Sounds like Scott's is pretty good to deal with. Worse case scenario, I'd have to buy one of Emigs dampers which are pretty good I guess. I just like to go with something thats proven though. We'll see how it pans out. I have plenty of time to look around and plan. Knee's starting to feel better and look better. So maybe I don't have as much time as I may think......... :wink:

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I just went to Emigs weg site. Those dampers look alot like Scotts' dampers. I think I'll head down there this week and check them out and have a talk with him about them. They are a few dollars higher but they are also on 15 min. away from home. I'll take my bike down there so we can custom fit one. :supz:

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Heck Jon...he might give you a deal anyway...seeins' how you already gave him quite a bit of business!

*** EDIT ***
I just went to their site... that's not like a Scotts. A Scotts has alot more adjustments in it... like sweep, and a high speed and low speed adjustment. Pull down the Owner's Manual from the Scotts site and see what I'm talking about. :wink:

The Emig is alot more like the WER damper.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I'll check it out.

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I see what your saying. Scott's dampers are kind of a "all in one" style damper where Emigs has two seperate dampers one for woods riding and one for desert high speed. It looks like that answers my questions. I'll look into it alittle further before I pounce.

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's still....hard to beat a Scott's. Customer service is top notch! Do what you feel is right though.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Oh I will. I just want to make sure I decide on the right one. I'm leaning towards the Scott's damper right now. I'm going to probably just order the bolt on for the KX 250. I think it'll work fine. I'm a tinker-er so if it does'nt fit quite right, I don't think it'll take to much. I looked at the Emigs clamps and the stock KX clamp and they look very similar. But I'm going to look at them alittle closer.

Jon.
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

Did any of your guys with dampers have to make clearance on the front of the gas tank for the post tower for the damper?

Jon.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

nope.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

There's plenty of room up there!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****