Getting casings looking new again?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Getting casings looking new again?

Post by Indawoods »

My cases look brownish and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to clean them to look new again? I have made the mistake of rubbing them so much as to take the blasted look away and almost give them a polished look but I don't want to do that.... just want that new look back. :cry:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Are you talking about your engine cases?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
miteymike

Post by miteymike »

o.k i know this is going to sound crazy but it really does work try using eagle ones crome and wire wheel cleaner it is a acid base so you have to be sure you rins it off before it dries or it will turn metals white dont breath too hard either it has a tendency to take nose hairs away but really it works exceptionally well
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol: Sound just like what I need!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I concur. I use the Eagle One stuff too. Look for the type that says to NOT use it on aluminum. It does a fine job of etching the aluminum. Don't get this on your rims, swingarm or other aluminum items.

Another option is to use one of those little steam cleaners I see on infomercials. You know, the one cleaning the oven of the baked on crud or the gaskets on the fridge? Heck, It might work on the pipe and SA too!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have one of those Steam Dream thingys and I honestly think its crap. No offence to any one if they like theirs but the one I have is pretty poor. It would take you a week to clean the cases up with one I would think. The Eagle One sounds like the ticket.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I've been thinking on getting one of those 'lil Soda Blaster's... that'll do the trick!

http://www.ace-sandblasting.com/soda-blasting.html
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanks for the "heads-up" on the little steamcleaners Trev.

Inda: you do see the price is $249?!?!?!?
WOW! You really want those cases cleaned.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

skipro3 wrote:I concur. I use the Eagle One stuff too. Look for the type that says to NOT use it on aluminum. It does a fine job of etching the aluminum. Don't get this on your rims, swingarm or other aluminum items.
Just spray some of that Purple Power on there and leave it for a bit. That will clean it up and etch the aluminum. :wink:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Not just for cases....all parts clean up jobs. If you watch their little video you can see how handy the little bugger would be!

Yeah...it needs to be etched, that's the only way it will look new again.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

wsjkawasaki
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wsjkawasaki »

I have used the eagle one cleaner and it did a great job,when i had my bike completely pulled apart i removed the engine and stopped up all the orfices sprayed the stuff on and scrubbed the heck out of it.The engine was stained from red mud and it got it all out,the prior owner didn't know what soap and water was!!

edit:
actually it was this stuff called hot rims and it is safe to use on clear coat aluminum and i hve used it to clean the hubs on my 220 rims and it didnt hurt the rims at all and cleaned the hubs up nice and was excellent on the engine!!
shane j.
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

You don' t happen to be using WD-40 on it are you?
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Soap? Water? Huh???

Where is this purple stuff? It's a Castor product..right? Available at stores everywhere?

...guess I could just go look for it... :roll:

What about rubber? What does the purple stuff OR eagle (do not use on aluminium!!!) do to rubber?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Rubber is not aluminum! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

CC; it's Castrol and the product is called Super Clean. It comes in a gallon purple container and the product has a light purple tint to it. It is very powerful stuff. Word of warning; It leaves a film on fork sliders that increases sticktion like, about a zillion times. If you get it on the fork tubes, wipe them down afterwards with something that will cut to the metal. Even WD-40 on the fork tubes will remove the film Super Clean leaves behind.
Jerry