Revloc Dyna ring

Got questions? We got answers....
jsvandi

Revloc Dyna ring

Post by jsvandi »

Hey all,

I just got around to finally putting the dyna ring in my 06 kdx200, but I am having trouble getting it adjusted.

1. When the instructions state to put the screws "up" on the ring, I am assumming that means screw heads down. That is the only way I have any play between the plates and ring.

2. The bike will roll easy in gear, but it has to be reved way too high before it even tries to engage. This is with no tension on the cable at all.

This was suppose to be so easy. What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
KDXFronz

Post by KDXFronz »

1. Screws up means having the screw heads facing the clutch cover.

2. How many screws/springs do you have in? Mine came with 3 installed but per others suggestions I took one out so that the clutch engages at lower RPM.

Post by jsvandi »

I still have three screws/springs in there still. I guess I will try just two next. I assume they need to be spaced oppisite of each other (?)

Why when I turn the ring screw heads up, I have no space or play between the ring and plates?

Sorry, for some of these questions, I am the worlds worst mechanic.

I would like to have it engage right off idle. I had a ktm 200 with the rekluse auto clutch and it engaged right off idle. I loved it. That's what I am try for with this if possible. Thanks
kdub405
Supporting Member

Post by kdub405 »

You should read the instructions again. :wink:

I installed with 3 screws rode one time for about 20 miles and hated it. Put 2 in and love it.

Yes the screws go across from each other.
Ride on
makeshoes
Supporting Member

Post by makeshoes »

I left the stock 3 screws in mine and its Great! I'm just a regular rider and it engages exactly as I did before I had the RevLoc. Good luck with yours. This is the best mod I ever did to my bike!
'02 KDX200 Plated
'02 VL800
jsvandi

Post by jsvandi »

Ok, I put just two screw/springs in, but I can't test it until tomorrow (neighbors go to bed early)

"You should read the instructions again."

The instructions are total crap! Or maybe it's my dyslexia and ADD, I don't know. :?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

So how exactly is up, down? :lol:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
jsvandi wrote:"You should read the instructions again."

The instructions are total crap! Or maybe it's my dyslexia and ADD, I don't know. :?
Total crap is a bit much. There have been others that have had some install problems, but I think you are the first to put the Ring itself in the wrong way.:razz:

Did you remove both judder springs/rings? Did you get the washers back in? Do you have the steel plates on both sides of the Ring oriented correctly?

HERE are some pictures I took along the way on my install in case it might help.
bmcd308

Post by bmcd308 »

Screw heads up means screw heads facing up if bike on its left side. You will use the adjuster to put some play in the stack. When you are holding the stack in your hand without putting the cover on, there is nothing pushing against the springs, so the clutch is locked up (no play). It is only when you pull on the lever that you get a gap in the clutch pack.