LARGER CARB?!

Got questions? We got answers....
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

>|<>QBB<
kdxmaniac wrote:>|<>QBB<
moto_psycho wrote:Hah! How am I not worth your time? You've learned something quite important about jetting from me, what have I learned from you?

I find it quite funny, before I fitted the carb half of the forum was swarming on this thread, itching to read of my absolute failure, now it works far better than expected, everyone buggers off.

i havent learned anything from you.....you put a carb on your bike and made it run{somewhat}......but, did you not take a carb off your bike that was running?
i just dont see why you want to go thru the trouble to install that carb, when you could have jetted the stock carb.
but, i guess if your THAT bored, go for it.
So you still believe that carbs have an imaginary solenoid that shuts off the pilot jet at 1/4+ throttle openings then?

And what trouble to install it? I had the jets, I work in a machine shop, it was no trouble atall.
kdxmaniac
Supporting Member

Post by kdxmaniac »

i never said anything about the 1/4 trottle switch :? ...........you need to re-read the post.....you have me confused with someone else.
my bikes
-------------
96 ktm 300
96 XR400R
07 hayabusa
77 kz 1000
85 goldwing 1200
02 BIG DOG PITBULL

gone but not forgotten
96 kdx 200
98 ktm 380 "because it dang near killed me!"
97 ktm 360
96 ktm 250
93 wr 250
94 dr 350s
93 kx 250
07 gsxr 1000
99 bandit 1200
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:>|<>QBB<
moto_psycho wrote:Hah! How am I not worth your time? You've learned something quite important about jetting from me, what have I learned from you?

I find it quite funny, before I fitted the carb half of the forum was swarming on this thread, itching to read of my absolute failure, now it works far better than expected, everyone buggers off.
As far as I can see, it's working about as I expected.
Works far better than expected ???
Are you considering the fact that you have to start off your bike on a down hill run to get it moving far better than expected???
You must be smokin some strange stuff to come up with that conclusion.
Also, you mentioned that someone "Learned something quite important about jetting from me" HA, HA, and HA ! :rolleyes:
So in your professional opinion do you recommend going out buying
2 dozen jets or so and keep swapping out till you get it ?

What about plug chops ect ect ???

I think people really learned something more ABOUT you
instead of from you, can you guess what that is ? :shock: