Eyeglass/contacts question

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

I have wore glasses for 19 years and contacts for 17 years. I hate wearing my glasses but love wearing my contacts. As for the dust, I basically don't notice it while riding because my goggles (Scott) do an excellent job of keeping the dust out. It has been extremely rare for dust to get in my eyes. Granted, I don't live in a desert with blowing sand, but it gets pretty hot in NC and the heat helps make lots of dust, especially on an MX track.

I do carry a small bottle of "tears" with me in case my eyes get dry, but for me there is no other option; contacts are a must while riding. Maybe the OTG would work but I haven't tried them. Besides, when I start to sweat, my glasses slide down my nose and then I have to tilt my head to have the same field of vision...PITA.

Like Ski said, contacts are great for peripheral vision, and they definitely help in the self-esteem department. I think for your kids' riding pleasure and overall happiness, he will be much better off in contacts. That is what I would do for any of my kids. :grin:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

This may be too late but I caught an ad in my new issue of Dirt Bike for these:

http://www.pro-vue.com/moto.html
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Those are pretty interesting...
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

thanks Vince, He has an appointment to get fitted for contacts, hopefully he can wear them.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The problem is when you take your goggles off. Otherwise, you're stuck wearing goggles all the time.
I do have a pair of prescription goggles, but they are for snorkleing. That was pre-contact days. Now I just wear my contacts under regular goggles when snorkleing.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Those are sweet...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Never used such a thing ('scrip goggles)..but I do know the centers of the lenses is critical in glasses. If off just a fraction you will feel like someone is reaching behind your eyeball and trying to rip it out.

The further from your eye the lense is, the more critical that issue becomes.

He'll love his contacts, CM. Today's contacts are wonderful compared to just a few years ago.

He'll be passing you up sooner than later when he can see where he's going!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!