Bottom end assembly

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

jack10525 wrote:Yeah if I blow it up I'll post pics. It cost me about $250 to do my engine myself. If it dies I'll just find a new one on ebay or something. Its only money..... :mrgreen:
Now thats the dirtbiking spirit !!!

BTW Well done on the rebuild. Fingers crossed.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
jack10525

Post by jack10525 »

Well so far it's running pretty good. I did go through the heat cycle after the rebuild but now I've ripped on it pretty good. I don't go by hours but miles and I've put about 200 miles on it so far. I've gone on some pretty good rides. It seems ok now if I could just get the jetting figured out. :supz:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

What are you running ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
jack10525

Post by jack10525 »

KAY DEE EXER wrote:What are you running ??
Are you talking about jets or gas mixture?

Jets are:
main-162
pilot-48
needle-stock 1174 on 3rd clip (middle position)
air screw-1 1/4 turns out
altitude-sea level
Humidity-high
Heat-high

I've been told I'm probably running rich. I'm gonna play with the jetting a little. Go down to a 155 main and a 45 pilot.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

If its what I think it is (being a H model 200) that is hell-o-rich. 162 main :shock: damn. I was running the 152/42 at seal level without any lean conditions. Definately go at least to a 155/45 combo but be prepared it still may be borderline rich.

BTW add you bike details here.
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewforu ... 9e4218cf2d

FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Jack you have some good places to ride down there??? I'd be willing to load up and take a ride down there to go tear it up with you :twisted:
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yeah, go but please take his poor bike some smaller jets with you. :grin:

jack10525

Post by jack10525 »

Update. Ok I switched to a 155 main and a 45 po;it with the stock needle in the 3rd clip. It seems to run a lot better. I really can't tell because the clutch cable snapped on me. I rode it around with out using the clutch. I may get some smaller jets but this feels alot better. Why would the previous owner run it so rich?? Stupitiy???

Flakdx, No we really don't have many places to ride down here. I live right near the Miami Speedway and there is a lot of farm land and construction to ride in. I wish we had a track or something. You can still come on down and ride with me. There is a lot of dirt down here to play in..... :supz:
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

Man, 162.... I was running a 162 in 15-20 degrees at 5000 or so feet, and was fouling plugs. You may be able to go a tad leaner, run through all the jetting threads and do a WOT plug chop. This will give you the best idea of what you need to run for a main.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A 162 is insane. The 155/45 suggestion was to get you close. All bikes run just a little different and I didn't want to put you too lean but I did want you to see what a difference it makes.

That said.... right now I am running a 150/40 combo... plug looks great and I have great response... BUT I do have the RB carb mod with a different needle and that does make a difference.

You would probably be just right at a 152/42 or 45 combo.

Now get that clutch cable replaced and fiddle with that jetting! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:A 162 is insane. The 155/45 suggestion was to get you close. All bikes run just a little different and I didn't want to put you too lean but I did want you to see what a difference it makes.
A 162-165 main is not unheard of in a properly jetted KDX. Heck if your going to play WFO in the sand at sea level its a requirement...unless you like having a piston with a hole in it. :roll: Most normal KDX's however take a jet set closer to what Inda is suggesting. If your going to buy a couple of mains and pilots to work your jetting over with, go all out and spend $50 @ sudco. That will get you every reasonable main and pilot jet you'll need plus a couple of less tame (more fun) needles. You think your 2-hunny rips now...run a CEK with proper jetting and hold on...its a whole new bike! :supz:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Or a CEL, she's a pretty wild needle too.