H series Dyna Ring Problem

Got questions? We got answers....
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I'll put both pix together to make comparing easier. Top picture is clutch pulled all the way in.

makeshoes
Supporting Member

Post by makeshoes »

Thanks Tedh
I'm going to say that is exactly where mine is also. I do release my cable after every ride (by backing off the cable so there is no pressure on the cable while sitting in the garage). Then I reset it by tightening it until it is as your top picture shows (clutch lever pulled in)
Thanks again.
'02 KDX200 Plated
'02 VL800
bmcd308

Post by bmcd308 »

UPDATE: Not much progress on the Dyna Ring diagnostics in the last couple of days. Last I talked to them was a couple of days ago, and they said they would call me back yesterday after asking Alan about my problem. I had the day off work today anyway since we had planned to go the Loretta Lynn's trail ride, so I thought I would try one last thing.

The tech to whom I spoke at Revloc had said that what might be happening is that my clutch pack was not thick enough, and that is why he had me try one stock friction plate (they are a little bit wider than the Revloc frictions). I decided to try two stock friction plates, and now I can get the bike to idle when in gear and stopped. That is a big improvement, as I could not stop before.

However, it still seems like the clutch lever does almost nothing. It clearly does something, but it does very little.

I left a message for my tech on the number he gave me (presumably his cell), and later in the day I left one on the main number at Revloc, so we'll see if they call with any advice.

I am a little blown away that my experience with this thing is so much different from everyone else's. I'm jealous of those of you who had success, as this product seems like an answer to my (well, my wife's, as this is her bike) dreams.

As an aside, my clutch arm has to be a good bit further forward than shown in order to make the DR slip. When the lever is at rest, it is somewhere between the two pictures, and when it is pulled back to the bar, it pointing a little past perpendicular to the centerline of the bike.

Brent
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Add a shim to the plunger?
makeshoes
Supporting Member

Post by makeshoes »

Here are my dimensions (thickness) from my Dyna Ring plates and frictions:
(6) steel plates - .055 - .057
(6) friction plates - .097 - .100 (only 1 was .097, the rest were .100)
Dyna Ring - .402 - .404

Hope this can help eliminate something for you.
'02 KDX200 Plated
'02 VL800
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Post by ldspowersports »

Did you ever get a response to this issue? Let me know. Thanks!

Luke
bmcd308

Post by bmcd308 »

I tried one additional and two additional shims on the plunger, but I was never able to get it adjusted to a point where I felt like it was working right.