single track... um. no track??

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

single track... um. no track??

Post by Julien D »

I think we've come up with a new extreme sport. Brush Scramble? No Track racing?

I decided to take a break from life today and get the bike out. Went with a buddy to another friends house. He's got several miles of "trails". Mostly ducking under and dodging laurels, forging rivers and creeks, nasty hillclimbs with logs halfway up. I bet we averaged 1mph today, lol. Was an awesome ride, but definitely the hardest ride I've ever done. I was wishing I'd brought a camera. We went up, around, and through some seemingly impoossible sections, and the scenery was absolutely beautiful!!

Nevermind the fact that I ate it this morning before I even got the bike loaded. I was getting it out of the shed, and going to pull it around the front of the house to load up. I was wearing only jeans and a t-shirt. My newly mounted headlight was apparently not on straight, and the bars got stuck hard right when the damper arm wedged behind the headlight housing. When I goosed it, bike went hard right towards the shed and threw me off to the left. I landed 15' away in my neighbors gravel driveway. Can you say catapult??? My left arm is all road rashed, and my fingers aren't working right on that hand, lol. I went riding anyway. Yes yes, I am an idiot.

WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! Wife was peeved when I came in all bloodied up, and didn't even have a helmet on.
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

Brush Scramble..... heh. I've done a bit of that once or twice. Glad you didn't do a face plant in that gravel! :blink:
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

Party on, Wayne...party on, Garth!!! Woo-hoo!!!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

LMAO. The bail this morning was def a youtube moment. Wish I had it on video. I would suffer the humiliation just to see it happen.

The ride though.. Man. I wish I had it on video. Most of the stuff we were doing would have been better suited to trials bikes. It was a blast. :partyman:
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Yeah, gear is important whenever you are riding the bike! I hope the hand is alright. Are you on the ice and ibuprofen diet! :mrgreen:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I think I have been hurt more in the drive way than in the woods! :lol:

Riding in the "Ya lets go that way" style is a lot of fun.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Yeah, gear is important whenever you are riding the bike! I hope the hand is alright. Are you on the ice and ibuprofen diet! :mrgreen:
Can't take IB anymore. Dang bleeding ulcer......

It's ok though, nothing broken. Just some nice bruises and swelling.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Re: single track... um. no track??

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! Wife was peeved when I came in all bloodied up, and didn't even have a helmet on.
Not peeved. She just luvz you! :grin:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
gregp

Post by gregp »

Now that you mentioned it, I started think back over the years, and it seems that most of my worst crashes have occured when I was just putzing around the house, tuning, goofing around prior to loading, or in general just playing around with minimal, or no gear on.
Bad idea.
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Agree. I mean, I was just pulling it around the house! Oops.....

My hand feels much better today at least, lol. Can't say as much for my knee where I hit that dang tree while we were "no tracking" it.