Black frame

Got questions? We got answers....
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

I will be posting many pictures of my black framed KDX in the near future. I am in the long arduous process of doing a complete restoration to a 2002 KDX200 I found rotting in a friend of mines storage shed. So far I've had her disassembled down to the frame, sandblasted to remove some light corrosion that had formed around some of the mounting tabs, powdercoated flat black, and then Line-X'd in all the high wear areas for ultimate protection. It looks amazing so far. Can't wait for my engine and suspension to get finished so I can start putting her back together. Got a long road ahead of me though. It'll be more than worth it.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

where do you ride? Drapper?
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

Yeah, I ride Draper, Norman MX track, Area 51, 59th and douglas behind the base, and anywhere else I can find. All I have right now is my KLX110L though until my KDX is done.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I ride drapper almost every saturday morning leaving around 9, let me know if you go there.
What area are you talking about behind the base? is it open to the public or private? (is this part of the old Drapper riding area? 15-20 years ago that was closed when they open drapper?) If open to public I'd love to check it out, especially if it stays open when they close drapper because of the rain.
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Hey Jo! Nice tire :cool:

Finally, do you like it?

You did a lot of mod for the season now ENJOY!!
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.
JoKDX220r
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoKDX220r »

>|<>QBB<
kdxquebec wrote:Hey Jo! Nice tire :cool:

Finally, do you like it?

You did a lot of mod for the season now ENJOY!!
Thank you,
I didn't really try them, I did 1h30 testing for carb adjustment but the real test start this week-end at Mxpro school!! :supz:
SCREAM

Post by SCREAM »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:I ride drapper almost every saturday morning leaving around 9, let me know if you go there.
What area are you talking about behind the base? is it open to the public or private? (is this part of the old Drapper riding area? 15-20 years ago that was closed when they open drapper?) If open to public I'd love to check it out, especially if it stays open when they close drapper because of the rain.
Yeah, it's open to the public. It's completely unmanaged actually but there's some good trails out there. I know it's open all the time because that's where the 4WD guys go to get muddy when it does rain. it's on 59th and douglas I think. Man, I totally hijacked this thread. :oops: