sixsixone boots

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

all depends on the puddle :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

leaking as in splashing through a puddle.

...or riding within five yards of anything wet.

Yeah..going bonsai (uh..that's the plant, huh?) thru a puddle is fun.

...until your bike finds that piece of stick lying on the bottom that flips you face down like a pancake. No matter how fast you hit it or how high the front-end is in the air at the edge...if the puddle is bigger'n a quarter eventually you are going to find the bottom. With both wheels.

OR...you find yourself standing on your bike seat to keep out of the water lapping at your ankles. Funny how you can't tell how deeeeep a puddle is looking at the surface..or what's underneath.

Done or seen both'a those......

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

canyncarvr wrote:you will...'catch your toe on a rock or stump and bend you foot right around the foot peg'!!
That's exactly how I broke 6 bones in my left foot back in 2000. Rock was my drug of choice. It literally tore my cheap boot in half with just the sole and a bit of leather holding the two halves together. I'm trying to condition myself to ride on the balls, arches for jumping though.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

canyncarvr wrote: If you're sitting with your feet on pegs at the arches...and your butt is NOT up against your sissy bar (you DO have one'a those, right?), you will...'catch your toe on a rock or stump and bend you foot right around the foot peg'!!

...LOL.... :wink:

You know I never thought about it like that. Goes to show you I come from a heavy MX/SX racing background. I keep forgeting that there are all sorts of nasties out there in the woods just waiting to up and grab my ass. LOL
03 220R
KDXSean
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXSean »

One more questions folks!

How does everyone usually fit their boots.

Since your not really walking around in them, do you usually fit them so your toes just touch the end of the boot (kinda like skates), or should there be a little extra room at the end.

What seems to work best for everyone.

Thanks again,
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Don't think I'd want my toes touching the end...

I fit mine like any other boot..or shoe for that matter. You're not going to get a tailor-made fit with multiple widths and 1/2 sizes. That said, my T8's are very comfy (Go Booties!!). I've never thought...'Man...get these things OFF my feet!'

BTW...I can't tell you the number of times I've snagged my boot/toe on something if I don't keep my feet way up. Many many times. Riding in the woods with your feet on the pegs at your arches is misery beggin' to happen.

Yeah...I said that already..but reading '..6 bones in my left foot back in 2000' makes me cringe. I've broken ONE bone in my foot..and that was bad enough!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

I would say leave a little room. Since they don't come in half sizes go the next bigger. It's kind of a trial and error type thing. Try them on with boot socks as they are usually quite thick themselves and can take up a chunk of space in a boot.

If your a siz i between on regular shoes IE 9 1/2 go ten. It was easy for me since I wear 10 1/2's ...... 11's were the ticket :)
03 220R
KDXSean
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXSean »

Thanks for all the input boys.

Information here is much more usefull than what you get from someone who simply wants to sell something

Going shopping tomorrow