spooge?

Got questions? We got answers....
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'm amazed at how much a difference that 1 inch on the pipe made in the jetting.
Sweet, good work getting it figured out! Yep, gotta jet it based off what it tells ya....#'s mean nothing.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

spooge is normal, if it wasn't there your bike would die. never aim for less spooge, aim for a good looking spark plug
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
moto_psycho wrote:spooge is normal, if it wasn't there your bike would die.
spooge is normal, yes. However a LOT more than before isn't.
It wasn't there before, and my bike didn't die...(it was jetted properly maybe a tad rich but close enough)

Aim for a good looking spark plug, absolutely right.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Any change in fuel? I notice as stations are dumping in more ethanol, spooge and nastiness increases.

grumble.
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

if you want less spooge, run the most expensive fully synthetic 2-stroke at 100:1 and enjoy, or read information from the top 2-stroke tuners who found greater power at 20:1 mineral oil than 50:1 synthetic due to better lubricity (most synthetics are filled with detergents to kill spooge)
gregp

Post by gregp »

Two strokes spooge. There is no debate on that. It is just a matter of how much you will tolerate. Since I value longevity over cleanliness, I favor a rich oil mixture. When my wife brushes by my bike's exhaust, as she is trying to find something in the garage, I pay the price. :roll:
The grayish stuff in your pictures would cause me some concern, though, as that probably indicates that some water got in there somehow....
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

spooge is ok to an extent I agree, that's part of riding a 2 strokes, but when it starts dripping on your brakes...not good.
In my case this increased spooge made me re-evaluate my carb setting;. I'm convinced the unusual amount I got was because I was way too rich. I'll see how it goes in the next few rides and when I try a 38 pilot when it gets warm as the 40 was borderline rich on my last ride (it was 75 that day)
The 40 will work well I'm sure for the winter and early spring between 30 and 50.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

if you want less spooge, run the most expensive fully synthetic 2-stroke at 100:1 and enjoy, or read information from the top 2-stroke tuners who found greater power at 20:1 mineral oil than 50:1 synthetic due to better lubricity (most synthetics are filled with detergents to kill spooge)
I've run up to 20:1 in high-rpm riding with a bone-dry silencer core. It's in the JETTING.
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

>|<>QBB<
fuzzy wrote:
I've run up to 20:1 in high-rpm riding with a bone-dry silencer core. It's in the JETTING.
hows your bike running now then?
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Runs great.

I run 40:1 for woods work, and am less anal about jetting than I used to be. Putting a 36mm on soon so I'll have to get that thing worked out.

Juliend is right though...The e10+ gas seems to spoo some no matter how tight you get the mixture. The 20:1/dry comment above was with C12.