Bad experience with Scotts Performance

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXsg

Bad experience with Scotts Performance

Post by KDXsg »

Recently just email them for a damper kit for my 1992KDX, scotts responded and asked for measurements. I gave them all with photos. They said no problem with the measurements, and gave me a order list to fill up. I filled it up and sent back but with no reply for 5 days, even with repeated emails sent to them. the last email to them was to cancel the order. No reply too.
I then order from cyclebuy.com for the damper. good service prompt respond. fill up the order list again, just when cyclebuy wants me to confirm certain measurment, scotts performance sent an email stating my order and item was shipped to me. ****.....! thats a double order!
I went back to cyclebuy to cancel my order, luckily they have not sent yet and was able to do that. Pewww...save me some $450 bucks!
But guess what, scotts performance sent me a weld on kit which I did not ask for. i wanted a bolt on kit and damper to be mounted reversely.
I am really puzzle that scotts performance which i have read to be of good feedback to process my order in that manner. havent they read my email to them or even check my order request before packing my kit and sending them to me? real dissappointment.
A true KDX customizer!!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Something got screwed up. Scotts is known for great customer service. I suggest getting on the phone (not email) and talking with them. I'm sure they will get it straightened out for you.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Ya, I always go the phone route if I have questions.
'00 KDX 220R
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

I got my Scotts damper set up for my Husky from BRP. They had great service, and everything fit exactly as promised. Plus, the BRP Handlebar mounts look suh-weet!
David Eckel
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

When you get all your stuff bolted up and go out for that first ride
the screw up will be meaningless.
That's one of the best things I ever bolted on my ride !
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

+1. Almost makes up for my bad riding at times. I will never ride a dirt bike without a stabilizer. I consider it a safefy device.
WR sold. Now have 03 and 04 KDX 220s.
KXF 250 forks. RB Carb and Head. FMF rev pipe. Long live the KDX !!!
skythrasher
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by skythrasher »

You may want to check and see if a bolt on tower is actually available for your bike. Some bikes only have the weld on option.
My Gallery
2001 KDX200
1987 KDX200
2002 CR250R
2016 KTM 350XCF-W Six Days
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

just recieved my scotts damper. did a mock up installation, found that the damper do not line up to the centre of the steering stem. Offset about 2 - 3mm. is that alrite to just make do with it? tried rotating the perches but either way is off about 2 - 3mmm.

anyone got any picture of the weld on setup of your bike? any tips on doing the weld on such as preperation, welding etc...to look out for? thanks.
A true KDX customizer!!
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

>|<>QBB<
KDXsg wrote:just recieved my scotts damper. did a mock up installation, found that the damper do not line up to the centre of the steering stem. Offset about 2 - 3mm. is that alrite to just make do with it? tried rotating the perches but either way is off about 2 - 3mmm.

anyone got any picture of the weld on setup of your bike? any tips on doing the weld on such as preperation, welding etc...to look out for? thanks.
Can you please post a picture ?
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

sure, i will post soon. thanks
A true KDX customizer!!
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Hi, I have talk to Jake from Scotts performance about my problems with the kit. Scotts actually sent me a link arm puller for me to reverse the damper at no charge! Scotts also felt bad that I cant installed the kit after purchasing and promise to assist me as far as possible to fix things up. Jake also told me that the 3mm offset is okie and will work just fine.

I must admit that thier after sale service is indeed excellent! Thanks again Scotts Performance.
A true KDX customizer!!