I need advice on two frozen screws.

Got questions? We got answers....
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I can't imagine not having a torch

Pay extra for a self igniter :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:I can't imagine not having a torch

Pay extra for a self igniter :wink:
And the congregation said, "Amen"!!!
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

if you have to resort to drilling the bolt find a good left hand twist drill bit,you'd be amazed at how many buggered screws will break loose and unthread when drilling the heads with a reversed drill.
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
BobbyZ wrote:if you have to resort to drilling the bolt find a good left hand twist drill bit,you'd be amazed at how many buggered screws will break loose and unthread when drilling the heads with a reversed drill.
Good advice. Also, I just acquired my online KDX manual (thank you pay day) and noticed that it calls for a #3 Phillips.
Fatherof2
Supporting Member

Post by Fatherof2 »

>|<>QBB<
jad628 wrote:>|<>QBB<
BobbyZ wrote:if you have to resort to drilling the bolt find a good left hand twist drill bit,you'd be amazed at how many buggered screws will break loose and unthread when drilling the heads with a reversed drill.
Good advice. Also, I just acquired my online KDX manual (thank you pay day) and noticed that it calls for a #3 Phillips.
Jad, thank you SO much! I just logged on to say that I am having no luck getting these bolts out. I went and got a torch, but was still unable to get it done. Then I saw your post Jad, and tried a #3, and that did the trick! Cyclepedia said to use a #2 only. Anyway, it sure feels good! Thanks again!
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
Fatherof2 wrote:>|<>QBB<
jad628 wrote:>|<>QBB<
Jad, thank you SO much! I just logged on to say that I am having no luck getting these bolts out. I went and got a torch, but was still unable to get it done. Then I saw your post Jad, and tried a #3, and that did the trick! Cyclepedia said to use a #2 only. Anyway, it sure feels good! Thanks again!
Congrats man! It's always a great feeling to succeed in those types of situations. Cheers!