Electrex Stator?

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I'm sure. It was still a completely tactless comment.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:>|<>QBB<
Slick_Nick wrote:
Why in the hell were people paying over $100 for these on this forum not too long ago?
That is an incredibly ****-ish thing to say. People were supporting the site, and Inda.

Good job on your stator and all man, but a modicum of respect is warranted. I'd suggest you find some.
How was that ****-ish? No disrespect was meant to the site or especially inda, but like I said when those were available, they were not worth anything close to that much. I even think you were the one giving me the most flack about it then.

Apparently you have some sort of a hate on for either me personally, or some of the ideas that I've shared, but I can't figure out what I must have done to piss you off. Ever since I posted that I rewound my own stator, you've had a chip on your shoulder to try and discredit it, and now that I've posted definitive results, it seems that you've taken issue with something else instead.
'00 KDX 220R
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I simply showed a cheaper alternative, and I'll reiterate, but nondisrespect was meant. Perhaps I could have worded it better.
'00 KDX 220R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I don't have anything else to say about it. If you can't perceive why it was inappropriate, there's not much to be done about it.
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

Oh, you two.

I think it was great that Inda had the rewound stators for sale. $100 is a good, fair price for the labor and parts involved with a stator rewind. Some people aren't electrically inclined, and thus don't want to disturb the sprites and fairies under the flywheel, lest they stop working their magyks. Folks are willing to pay for such wizardry. Some people also pay for oil changes.

That said, I think it's good to know how easy it is to rewind a stator. Thanks for the great info, Nick!
David Eckel
Brian
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Brian »

Some people may not feel like building a part. I'm a mechanic for a living (aircraft) and I'd rather buy a stator than spend all day figuring out how to rewind one that may or may not work the first time and may or may not put out more watts.
KX 250, KDX 220, KDX 220, KDX 200, CR 80

I don't believe in a society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existance---Nick Inatsch
swatts

Post by swatts »

Let's stop this thread as I made an offer and am getting the electrex, but thanks for trying. After all, it's about brighter lights.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Let us know how it works out.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R