Broken Motor Mount

Got questions? We got answers....
exbee

Broken Motor Mount

Post by exbee »

Went out to the lake to do some ice riding yesterday and as soon as I started the bike it began to vibrate really badly. I didn't know what the hell was up for a few minutes until I noticed that I had a broken lower left front motor mount. Not sure when or how it happened, maybe one two many crashes...Anyway, I didn't really want to go home without riding so I rode for a couple of hours anyway...probably not the smartest thing to do but it's winter and I needed a bike fix!
Just wondering how common this is? Doesn't seem like something that would break often. Luckily I had a spare at home and it was easy to change without removing ANY other parts.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Do you have a picture of what you are calling a motor mount? When I think of motor mounts, I think of the pieces that are welded to the frame.
exbee

Post by exbee »

I'm talking about the triangular steel piece that connects the motor to the frame. They're not welded on a KDX 250 (not sure about the 200/220) they bolt both to the frame and to the motor.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

The head stays?
exbee

Post by exbee »

Maybe it's called a head stay...whatever...it connects the front of the motor to the frame, a lower pair and an upper pair...the point is one broke...is this common?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

we wouldn't know, 200's are not like that

Should be able to get it fixed or replaced
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS