Need Help with my 2002 200

Got questions? We got answers....
superjet

Need Help with my 2002 200

Post by superjet »

I finally have all the peices to start rebuilding my 200 with the RB mods. I have a little problem, it has been apart so long I am having a few problems with reassembly. I have updated to 607 reeds and I am trying to put it back together. When I took it apart there is a spacer that came off between the reed cage and carb boot. I can not find this spacer in any parts book and it looks like there was a extra gasket between the spacer and carb boot. The throttle opening does not seem to have enough room with the spacer. can anyone tell me what the spacer might be for. At a stand still thanks for the help
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

reed block spacer, perhaps? They are supposed to add some torque.
superjet

Post by superjet »

Is there an extra gasket needed betwen the spacer and the reeds and carb attachment. kit only comes with one and there was one inbetween the spacer and the carb attachment when i took it off
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Any way you can get a pic? If it is indeed a spacer, I'd probably just leave it out. I see no need for such things if you're bolting up an RB carb and head.

The rubber of the carb boot should seal up fine to the reed cage without a gasket..... but I don't know about reed block to spacer, or spacer to cylinder?
superjet

Post by superjet »

thanks going to leave it out and hopefully finish up this weekend
superjet

Post by superjet »

OK so its about 85% back together. I have one more question I am hoping somebody can help. The power valve arm that attaches to the gear has a timing mark on the claw but i do not see one on the gear coming out of the cylinder. The gear does not seem to have different level teeth or a dot on them. Any idea how you time the 2? Thanks for the help. Hoping to have it running today.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

there should be a dot on the side of the gear.