Just got some bad news from KDXButterfly

Got questions? We got answers....
wbdisco
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by wbdisco »

I really hate to hear this, he will surely be missed.
2000 KDX200(mine)
Polini X3(daughter)(FOR SALE)
TRX70(other daughter)
Big Bear 400(wifey)
1969 M35a2 (Deuce and a 1/2)
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I never met Inda, but I appreciated his insight and advice. He will be missed. Ride on Inda! :sad:
'00 KDX 220R
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

RIP man, I really appreciated all the help and considerations.

You will be missed :sad:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Sorry, you guys. What depicts love? I can't quit crying. I love (no "ed" about it) Vince.

He was my brother; my buddy; my ridin' ... kdx buddy.

f**k !!!!!! why does this have to hurt so much???!!!!!

I cannot stop crying! Dammit!!!!

(Scream!!!)
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

stay strong KDX Butterfly, stay strong...
bigerestblazer
Supporting Member

Post by bigerestblazer »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:Maybe for those of us that can't make it to the service for him, we could raise a glass at 7:00 PM Monday in remembrance of him.
fine idea my glass will be in the air with inda on my mind......
Sometimes in life when it seems like things aint goin your way theres always one answer...BIGGER HAMMER
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

SON OF A BITCH!!!!! Horrible news. I dont know what to say. Godspeed Vince.
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

Just read the news and can't believe what I am hearing. I know over the last few years he has given me wonderful and helpful advice I could not have found elsewhere. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
wvsp612

Post by wvsp612 »

God Bless you Inda, I never met you, but learned a lot from you. My prayers are with your family.
Cody
2003 KDX 200
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I could not believe my eyes when I read this... Vince just wished me Happy Birthday a few days ago. I can't believe he is gone. So very sad. I was one of the lucky one's who had the opportunity to personally meet and ride with Vince. One Hell of a guy. We spoke from time to time on here and FB, sharing our passion of Dirt Bikes, Guitars and music in general. I will truly miss our chats. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the friends of Vince, and all of his family. Kirsten, my heart go's out to you. Send me a message any time you need to talk. God bless.
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

Man this is a shock,I just don't know what to say.

Thanks to him,his words and this site I rediscovered my passion for riding and the KDX again.

My condolences go out to the family
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

After being away from this website for a couple of weeks, I cannot tell you how shocked I am to read about this today. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but the outpouring of love in the posts here have me teary-eyed.
I was hoping to meet Inda in WV someday... :cry:
He truly touched people from all walks of life, all over the world through this website. It's plain to see how much he will be missed.
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
808hondacrguy

Post by 808hondacrguy »

Vaya con dios my friend, may your roost never settle up there.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Has any one ever seen a topic grow so fast? That alone is prof that Inda was a great guy... Nearly 100 post in about two days. Godspeed Inda, we will all ride together some day so keep the trails up to snuff.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Deiters Funeral Home & Crematory
444 E. Washington Street
East Peoria , IL 61611

Phone: (309) 699-5999
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:As of tomorrow, February 5, I will post here a link that donations can be made to. All donations will go equally to his daughters, Leslie and Heather.

I can't thank you all enough.

To those of you whom we rode with in WVA ... you are especially dear to my heart. You know who you are.

Wibby and Brad ... you too.

Fuzzy ... you're a given.

His funeral will be Monday at Deiter's Funeral Home in East Peoria. 5-7 visitation. 7:00 service.
Was your last post the place to make the donations?
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:As of tomorrow, February 5, I will post here a link that donations can be made to. All donations will go equally to his daughters, Leslie and Heather.

I can't thank you all enough.

To those of you whom we rode with in WVA ... you are especially dear to my heart. You know who you are.

Wibby and Brad ... you too.

Fuzzy ... you're a given.

His funeral will be Monday at Deiter's Funeral Home in East Peoria. 5-7 visitation. 7:00 service.
Was your last post the place to make the donations?

Inda's brother will have to set up a memorial fund at the bank because he is IMMEDIATE family. I thought I would be able to handle this, but I cannot.
Vince's girls are making their Uncle Mike the executor. I am guessing that at this point, all donations can be made directly through kdxrider.net through the "donate" button, or you may wait until we can give you the bank donation information. The bank will be the preferred method.

Thanks for asking. I will keep you posted. You can also find Mike on Facebook if you would like to ask him any questions. Please state that you are from kdxrider.net in the subject line when sending him a message. Of course, his last name is hengstberger as well.
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

WOW!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Talk about being punched in the face. :shock: :shock: :shock:

As much as INDA was there for me when I needed it, I will be there for whatever is needed.

Captin and Coke........... :supz: :partyman: :supz: :partyman:
ditton

Post by ditton »

To KDX Butterfly.

I had posted earlier on how much I appreciated Vince without even knowing him. Although I know how sad and hurt you must feel right now, but believe me......look at the community he has brought together........That is something that should not be overlooked!!!!
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mind betting there are a lot of people who only know people here by their post names.........His kindness, knowledge and good nature have touched us all.
Heck, I will admit it.......until I read this thread, I never, ever knew is real name......Indawoods...........
Soon enough, it will set in just how popular and respected he was, not that you ever doubted it......the number of posts reflect it
He truly brought a small community together and made us proud of our trusty little green things, be it a 200 or a 220.
Condolences to you and all the family members.

Ditton...and the rest of my family.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
ditton wrote:To KDX Butterfly.

I had posted earlier on how much I appreciated Vince without even knowing him. Although I know how sad and hurt you must feel right now, but believe me......look at the community he has brought together........That is something that should not be overlooked!!!!
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mind betting there are a lot of people who only know people here by their post names.........His kindness, knowledge and good nature have touched us all.
Heck, I will admit it.......until I read this thread, I never, ever knew is real name......Indawoods...........
Soon enough, it will set in just how popular and respected he was, not that you ever doubted it......the number of posts reflect it
He truly brought a small community together and made us proud of our trusty little green things, be it a 200 or a 220.
Condolences to you and all the family members.

Ditton...and the rest of my family.
I have been thinking about this myself. He had so many friends he didn't even know ... what a rich man he was. Funny how a little bit of love, for the color GREEN, became so internationally powerful. I myself feel like I have a family of unknowns out there -- all because of Vince.

The first time I ever talked to Vince was at like 11 or 11:30 at night, on the phone -- I was calling for his brother. I apologized for the late call, and he just
had no problem with it. Trust me, it hasn't always been "no problem" between us, but Vince and I had a very powerful relationship for in-laws. Now? I only wish his kdxrider.net family could have known him like I did. I mean ... seriously ... would you let your wife go two or three states away for four days to be the only female riding dirtbikes with a bunch of other guys that you had never met before? Vince was my third best friend ... my mom, my husband, Vince.

I am sorry. Just rambling ... but it's nice to talk about him.

Funny story for all of you.

Inda's brother had a shepherd named Gretchen. Gretchen was Mike's B A B Y! Inda used to stand next to Gretchen's bowl and tease her that he was going to get her food. She would scootch him out of the way and threaten him (LOL) and this would go back and forth. They had a wonderfully interesting relationship. Anyway. Gretchen finally got to have some baby Gretchens. Vince and I had only known each other for about a year maybe, and at the time, I had just moved in with my mom after returning to illinois from oregon. anyway. i worked at a grocery store and was at home getting ready for work.
The phone rings. It's Vince. All he said was, "I'm helpless! They're everywhere ... puppies and placenta! Can you come over?" When I got there, he hadn't lied. He was laughing. 13 puppies all over the bedroom ... scattered everywhere. Gretchen was looking at me like she had done something wrong.
Vince just kept laughing. I think he had a moment of dementia.
Needless to say, we got the puppies all put together with mama along with some clean bedding. I missed work and Vince couldn't stop laughing.