Temperature sender PICS

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXer
Supporting Member

Temperature sender PICS

Post by KDXer »

Sorry about the delay I've only just returned home today from a few days away.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That would do the trick. Do the SR KDX's have a temp gauge or just a warning light?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

K.. KDX'r... order 203 of em! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Ummmm, sure !!! Would you like 203 Aussie version left radiators aswell ??? :rolleyes: :lol: What do your radiators look like ?? Do they have anything to the right of the radiator hose to mount the sender to ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I got a drain plug in that location... I think it would work.... :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I dooooooooon't think that is a drain hole. :grin: Well it could be, but I would think it is more likely to be the hole for "the sender". How big is it ?? Anyone got any pics that would show it ?? Hmmmm interesting.....

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

On USA bikes there is a black plastic plug there. I have tried to upload photos to my gallery but the window showing the upload in progress never goes away, just keeps flashing arrows like it's doing something.

Anyway, I'm quite sure it unscrews and the sensor would just thread into it that. If it is just a thermo switch and closes a ontact to ground on that lead, then that would work as a fan switch.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think we need to give it a go!

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

YOur plug is sliver Inda. Did you paint it? Is it plastic? does it thread into the radiator?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ski if you're going to try it out instead of getting a 12v regulator for your lights, get a 12v recifier and stick a small camcorder battery or something similar somewhere and run the fan (and lights if you want) off of it. Throw in a switch and you'd be set. If you wanted to run the lights off of the battery with no switch you'd need a relay so you didn't drain the battery when the engine was off.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Snot my radiator! It's an eBay pic... :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Did CC say it has to be AC?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

If your using a computer case fan it has to be DC.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That's what I'm researching... got both...just need to know which it is so I can check the specs on the right type.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Only problem with those is that you would have to step up the voltage as they are 110v fans.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Indeed, but its a DC fan?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

The "wire for the lights" voltage is AC. Computer fans are DC. You can run the computer fans at lower voltage to slow them down, but I am not sure how one does that in AC world. If there is no plug in the wall, I don't know about AC. :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****