Dynaring report.

Got questions? We got answers....
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Dynaring report.

Post by frankenschwinn »

So I got the bike back together. New top end, cleaned KIPS and re-jetted a bit to lean it down a little more. The Dynaring came in Fri so I spent the evening installing and tuning it. Installation is easy but I missed one of the judder springs and had to take it apart again. My mistake. As a result I had a lot of difficulty getting it tuned. I had taken up way too much cable with the adjuster and could not get it to engage properly. When I got to the trail where I could actually test ride it I took all adjustment out and started over. Once I did that it was very quick and simple...

First impression. Really good. I took it for a short test ride on a trail I like to test on. I was able to carry more speed out of turns without down shifting. I have found I lose about 1/2 a gear and need to down shift coming through turns to have good exit speed. The Dynaring allowed me to leave it in the same gear and let it slip just a bit (not much) and it wound up quickly and launched out of the turn. Although I could ride it a gear high more often than not it caused more clutch slippage than I liked. The bike NEVER STALLED. I tried several times. Overall very happy. I was never going to be a candidate for a 600.00 + autoclutch so I had pretty mtch dismissed it as an option. I see now what I was missing...

I also had an opportunity to ride a KDX220 with an EFM autoclutch today as well and the Dynaring compared very favorably to both me and the owner of the 220. I have also ridden a KTM200 with a rekluse Z Start pro. I am no dyno but overall the engine response to the different clutch setups seemed very similar. One thing I liked about the Dynaring was that the clutch lever feels and acts the same as without the autoclutch installed. With the Rekluse the lever seems to have little resistance. Like a limp fish. I never tried to over-ride the autoclutch and bump start the bike so I dont have a report on that. The only time I bump start my bike now is when I stall it coming into a turn too hot. As long as this fixes that issue I have little need for that function.

Verdict? Simple install, reasonable price, performs as advertised Gitcha some
Last edited by frankenschwinn on 08:11 pm Jan 08 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yep... It is a great bargain when you can pick up a mod this cheap and it makes such a dramatic impact on how you ride...

Nice report!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:supz:
too bad i missed that ride :?
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Weekend after next? Stillwater high noon. Dueling hybrids? :supz:
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

Like I said over on TT, I've been contemplating one, just haven't given in and did it yet.
Was a couple of instances on the last ride where it would have been useful. But, some better clutch/throttle control would have worked too. :oops:
It's a thought. But for my situation, I still need to improve my skill to the point I use it as a tool, instead of a crutch.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
gregp

Post by gregp »

I rode a KTM 300 with a Rekluse. One of the things I didn't like about was that it was impossible to pull the clutch lever in and "coast" after a hard run through the gears on pavement. At lower engine speeds, the manual over ride worked fine, but when the engine was wound up hard, the clutch would not disengage until the bike (and motor speed) slowed down quite a bit.
Does the Dynaring do this?
2004 Dual Sported KDX200
1999 Ninja 250 (Daughter's)
1996 DR 650 (stock, mostly street use)
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

The clutch on mine worked as if I did not have the dyna ring when pulled
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
gregp wrote:I rode a KTM 300 with a Rekluse. One of the things I didn't like about was that it was impossible to pull the clutch lever in and "coast" after a hard run through the gears on pavement. At lower engine speeds, the manual over ride worked fine, but when the engine was wound up hard, the clutch would not disengage until the bike (and motor speed) slowed down quite a bit.
Does the Dynaring do this?
I recently rode a CRF equipped with a Rekluse but I never tried pulling in the clutch lever

To coast all you had to do was chop the throttle.If you just backed off the throttle slowly it would engine brake
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

I can't wait for the E version!
David Eckel
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

>|<>QBB<
dfeckel wrote:I can't wait for the E version!
Me also!
I may be old, I may be slow, but hey I'm still getting my leg over - a dirt bike!