Do I need to remove the front brake hose..........

Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

+1
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote: Also need a KX brake caliper hanger (don't need the caliper, just the hanger).
Not true for all set ups. I used a set of 2000 KX forks and my 2000 KDX brake and hanger fit right on perfect. I did try the KX bracket and there was no difference at all. I am also using the RB axle mod with the KDX wheel But the KX wheel that I have lined up the same. By the way the KDX has a bigger caliper than the KX so I would use the KDX if at all possible.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I think he's talking about the brake hose, not the brake caliper.
You can fab one out of the kdx one.
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote: Also need a KX brake caliper hanger (don't need the caliper, just the hanger).
Not true for all set ups. I used a set of 2000 KX forks and my 2000 KDX brake and hanger fit right on perfect. I did try the KX bracket and there was no difference at all. I am also using the RB axle mod with the KDX wheel But the KX wheel that I have lined up the same. By the way the KDX has a bigger caliper than the KX so I would use the KDX if at all possible.
More differences in model years apparently.
The '97 forks I used had a different hanger than the KDX (mount to the fork leg holes were closer together on the KX), but the KX caliper I have is exactly the same as my '04 KDX caliper (except for the line orientation). I just swaped the KX caliper hanger(mount) that came with the forks onto my OEM KDX caliper and all was good.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:>|<>QBB<
More differences in model years apparently.
The '97 forks I used had a different hanger than the KDX (mount to the fork leg holes were closer together on the KX), but the KX caliper I have is exactly the same as my '04 KDX caliper (except for the line orientation). I just swaped the KX caliper hanger(mount) that came with the forks onto my OEM KDX caliper and all was good.
The caliper from the KDX was about 1/4 larger than the KX in the piston area. Other than that the mounting was the same.