Just bought an E-Series Engine from Ebay..Guess what?

Got questions? We got answers....
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Just bought an E-Series Engine from Ebay..Guess what?

Post by ldspowersports »

The seller listed it as in good running condition-ready to go...WRONG! Top end was so far gone that the plating was coming off the cylinder. The KIPS valve components on the cylinder were completely missing. The piston was so badly gouged it looked like someone dumped sand in the cylinder and started the bike up. The piston was cracked on top all the way around. I bought this for my KX/KDX Hybrid but basically back to the drawing board. I contacted the seller through ebay and left him two options. Full refund plus pay for shipping for me to send it back to him, or pay for new cylinder plating, top-end, and the replacement powervalve components. I think this is more than fair.
[/img]
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Good luck with option 2 :lol:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Post by ldspowersports »

Ya, I did it to make no.1 more obvious!
moto_psycho

Post by moto_psycho »

gutted mate! you do have a very good case for dispute though
bigerestblazer
Supporting Member

Post by bigerestblazer »

great thing about ebay is how easy it is to file a dispute and get your money back through them if the seller refuses to work with you. Had to do that more then my fair share of times and ive never had a problem collecting my money. Just make sure to lay out everything to ebay in your complaint that you've tried to resolve it and wait for the money to flow back in your account :grin:
Sometimes in life when it seems like things aint goin your way theres always one answer...BIGGER HAMMER
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Post by ldspowersports »

Yep...the good news is they already agreed to refund me the money. They actually said "I rode the bike around and it seemed fine." No way that bike was ridden with the internals like that!!!! Oh well, back in the hunt for a good KDX engine. Heck, I might just buy a KDX and put the KX front end on it, some black excel wheels and be done with it!

Luke
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
ldspowersports wrote:Yep...the good news is they already agreed to refund me the money. They actually said "I rode the bike around and it seemed fine." No way that bike was ridden with the internals like that!!!! Oh well, back in the hunt for a good KDX engine. Heck, I might just buy a KDX and put the KX front end on it, some black excel wheels and be done with it!

Luke
If you have the roller just find a reasonable KDX complete cheap. Sell off the parts you do not need and rebuild the motor with the funds...