sup fellas

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
sasrocks
Supporting Member

sup fellas

Post by sasrocks »

Thanks to CC for pointing me over here. I am 44, been riding 30+ years but w a 20+ year layoff from dirt (MX , HS) . Like many, got back into serious riding about 4 years ago after getting married and having kids. I now do road race track riding mainly, along w some street rides occasionally. My buddy and I were not ready to sit idle last winter waiting for the track season, so we got a couple of dirt bikes to play ride with. Mine is a 97 220. I also have a 89 Honda transalp I bought new, and my track bike is a 02 F4i (600). Got my 11 year old a XR80 and spent Fathers Day teaching himto ride. Perfect!

Other bikes over the years include z50, SL70, XR75, MT125, Husky 250, YZ250, KDX175, CB400, V45 Sabre, VFRF800, CBR600RR.

Hope to contribute here and their but my KDX knowledge base is thin. You need some street or road race input, let me know!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the group.

What year was the Husky? What about the YZ250?

Thanks.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

What part of the country is home sas? Your story is a rerun of many of us here. A few years difference in ages but it's a familiar story.
Welcome to the site and keep up the postings. They make good reading!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

Jason : the Husky was a 76 WR250 w Fox shocks, Marzochi forks tall seat and DG pipe. Vibrated like hell and occasionally started up backwards. the YZ was a 79.

I live in KC MO. I may try to put up some road race pics later to spice the gallery up a bit :cool:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for the info.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome. I'd love to see the pics of the F4i. I have ridden my mates 05 600RR for about 60kms and loved every kilometre of it. It would be a blast around a track. :supz:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

added some pics to the gallery
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:supz: :prayer:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
woodbutcher

Post by woodbutcher »

Welcome!
95 200 (EG225)
CR125
CR250
TTR125
TTR125L (All BBR'd Up)
TTR125LE
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Good to see 'ya here! CBR600RR...that's a nice 'lil put-put bike, ain't it? :wink:

Had one of them behind me on a freeway on-ramp once..doing about 45-50mph..looked like he was ready to get on it when we got onto the highway. He did. On one wheel!

Gee...even I had fun with that!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
sasrocks
Supporting Member

Post by sasrocks »

did my first track day w my 600RR. In a steady rain... talk about skittish - the RR was spinning up out of every corner and it slid the front a couple of times too. but I learned you could go faster than you think in the wet. My bud was on a 1000cc bike and I lapped him that day. I ain't lapping him no more :neutral: