New guy in South Florida

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

New guy in South Florida

Post by FLAKDX »

Just checking in. I came across this site from a few subtle hints dropped at DRN forums :grin: Glad I found it cause this looks like a great place and tons of good info. If there are any other KDXers in south FL drop me a reply. I'd like to find some more folks to ride with down this way as riding areas are somewhat limited (I hate you Cali guys :razz: ).

Keep up the great work on the site and expect a donation from me right away to help keep it running :partyman:
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome aboard. Tonnes of info indeed, and no more "use the search function" comments to look forward to either. Make yourself at home. The other guys will be along to welcome you very soon.... Cheers Trev

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Thanks Kay Dee :)

My Donation was just sent :mrgreen:

Where's my Damn Fender Stickers???? :twisted: LOL
03 220R
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Welcome FLAKDX!!!!
Glad to hear the word is getting out. The only requirement to using this site is being smart enough to find it.
So jump in and join the discussions! I look forward to hearing from you.

Oh, tell us a little about yourself; family, how you ended up with a KDX, mods done so far, etc.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey FLAKDX!

Glad ya found us! The word has been getting out....

Thanks for the donation!
Your fender stickers will be going out to you this week! :wink:

Indawoods
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

As said above hints dropped at DRN led me here LOL. I'm 33 and back in the saddle again after a 12 year layoff. I raced 125 B MX/SX on KX's way back when till I broke both my wrists racing SX. I dabbled a little with Hare Scrambles back then as well and thats pretty much what led me back. Racing RC cars professionally for the last 6 years just wasn't cutting it for me anymore in regards to my need to compete. So instead of getting a dirt bike I bought a Shifter Kart and raced that locally for the past year. You think Dirt Bikes are expensive try racing one of those. :roll: It would run me about $250 to $300 everytime I set it on the track for a race day. :shock: Got tired of the money pit and decided it was time for 2 wheels again.

I always liked the idea of the KDX 200's and KTM 200EXC's. I decided thats what I wanted and then the more research I did it sounded like a 220 would better suit me for Off Road work and be less tempting to go for a spin around the MX track. (Fat Chance on that one as I blasted a few laps last weekend for the hell of it anyway LOL shhhhh don't tell my wife)

I recently got married to wonderful woman with 2 teenage kids :partyman: I took them riding this past sunday for my first genuine fathers day and taught the boy (he's 14) how to ride a dirt bike. He thought ATV's were the coolest thing ever till he twisted the joy handle a few times on the KDX and now he's understands my love affair with 2 wheels :prayer:

I found the bike in the Cycle Trader located up in Tallahassee. I beat the poor guy up a bit on the price and stole it for $2200.00. He was the 2nd owner but it was in great shape and only needed a full go round of consumable parts. Chain and Sprockets, Brake Pads, Frt Tire and an Air Filter. Runs great came with and FMF Woods Pipe and silencer and a Boysen Rad Valve. I had to re jet it but DAMN did it come alive with proper jetting. It's still got great compression but to be safe I'm going do the Weisco Piston swap right away. One to many horror stories floating around about broken piston skirts.

Looking foward to Racing the whoile 05/06 Hare Scramble season with the Florida Trail Riders group and racing my first Enduro. My goal is to be in good enough shape to ride the Alligator Enduro and possibly the GNCC Florida stop early next year.

Thats about it for now and I look forward to talking with everyone in the future :)
03 220R
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Great intro: Seems most of us are returnees to the sport. Kids riding with you will keep you:
1. Young
2. Broke
3. Injured as you try to keep up with their growing skills.

First thing I taught my son when he started to ride with me at the tender age of seven is how to recoognize daddy is too hurt to tell him and how to go for help. It came in handy on more than one occasion.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Welcome aboard!

Haven't seen it myself, but I understand the more obvious hints on DRN have been CANXd by some moderother.

Enjoy your 'new' bike!

You can spend a whole lot more money on a bike other than the KDX...but when it comes to durability (and $$ to get one), it's hard to beat.

And it can be tuned to do most anything you want to.

Have fun!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
cicone

Post by cicone »

FLAKDX---welcome. Nice to see another Florida guy. Don't forget to come up for the annual Capital City Enduro held in Fall. I haven't seen anyone riding the 220 up here. Sounds like you got a decent deal. How's the riding down south?---grew up in Boca in the 70's---nothing but woods. Sadly, now there's nothing left.
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

HAHA I'm born and raised in Boca. I remember back then when you could ride anywhere. 40th street trails are still there though LOL
03 220R