Hey from SW PA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Coop
Supporting Member

Hey from SW PA

Post by Coop »

I didn't realize I forgot to post here. So I figured I would real quick.

I am from SW Pa, about 45 minutes SE of Pittsburgh. I have been riding motorcycles for 30 years (soon to be 31 Nov 10). I spent time as a mechanic in shops in the early 2000's, but didn't enjoy it much. After having two back surgeries in 2005 & 2007, caused my weight lifting injuries, I am an adult student in EET.

I recently picked up a 2003 KDX200 and so far I love it. My last bike was a KX125 so I am having some growing pains. Like I am shifting and using the clutch too much lol.

I have changed the bars & grips, plus I added MSR hand guards since these pics, but here is my bike. Pretty much stock for now:

KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome, Coop!

I "ride" a 2003 KDX 200 also ... but it doesn't look that good! Better get to doin' some TLC on the ol' girl.

Questions? This is the place for the answers!

Enjoy!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

I am doing wheel bearings (f/r) and grease today. It needs fork seals, which i have but I forgot to order fork oil and I think I want to swap the boots for seal savers. So I need to order those so the seals will wait until I get that stuff.

I did make a post about the headlight switch in Gen Q&A but it didn't get much response lol. I think I am just going to put a spring in it and see if it works because the fiche only shows the switch as a whole unit, not broke down. I am thinking the PO took it apart when the bulb blew and forgot to replace the spring maybe? I don't see how the button could return without a spring in there.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200