Introducing myself, semi-new to the forums...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Introducing myself, semi-new to the forums...

Post by 92kdxRider »

Hello gents. My names Asah, I hail from Hunterdon County, NJ and I've been posting on the forums for a lil while now. I've been riding trails and dirt scoots (local nickname for 2 wheeled fun) since i was 6 years old. Spent alot of time in my younger days riding around a 300 acre abandoned farm on an XR80 in Maryland, where I lived at the time with my Aunt and Uncle. Five years later moved to Bergen County, NJ which forced me to sell all my toys. Stayed there till I graduated highschool, went to Automotive tech school shortly after and when i get out I moved here to the woods of Hunterdon County. Got back in the game in 2008 with an 01 Honda 400EX and a 98 Kawasaki KLX300, which were both sold last year due to lack of funds. A couple months back I picked up a 1992 KDX 200 from a Treasure Hunt ad for 650. In its original condition when i purchased it, it ran somewhat well, had no front brakes, no air box, had an old school extremely rusted PC pipe with a crack in it, no rear chain adjusters and there was some general TLC needed. Thanx to the help of some local friends, this forum, and e-bay i was able to get it to a more rideable state. I've still probably got less than 850 bucks in the bike and i've done the following:

-Drained both radiators, cleaned, and re-filled with fresh coolant (to my surprise the previous owner was running just straight water)
-Purchased EBC front pads, re-installed front brake system and bled everything with new fluid of course
-Purchased entire Airbox assembly on ebay and installed a new Moose Racing pre-oiled air filter (removed airbox lid)
-Drained old nasty tranny fluid and refilled with fresh fluid
-Purchased new rear axle and chain adjuster's off e-bay, I now have a properly adjusted chain
-Sealed the two pipes from expansion chamber to silencer w/high temp silicone hose and hose clamps (there was nothing there before)
-Repaired and greased an extremely dangerous throttle that wouldn't return properly, now works flawlessly
-Running fresh mixes of Amsoil Dominator oil and 93 Octane
-General cleaning and re-attaching things with bolts/nuts where there originally weren't any, got rid of the annoying rattles i was hearing.

I still have to re-pack the silencer with the packing i just purchased. The crack on the pipe had been welded previously and doesn't leak too horribly bad (waiting for funds to purchase new PC Platinum). I also just developed a leak in my rear tire today on the trails, thanx to a nice jagged rock i'd imagine (large slice just above sidewall) so i'll hafta find a spare which I may have in the basement.

It also has some crazy stupid low gearing on it with a 13 tooth front sprocket and 52 tooth rear sprocket. Sometime within the next couple months i'll be purchasing brand new everything and switch it 13/48 gearing. Haven't messed with the carb or the jetting yet, will handle that when i get the new pipe and get the time to tear the top end and KIPS system apart to see what i'm dealing with. I have a suspicious feeling my KIPS system isn't working 100%. After hearing about Ron Black's reputation on here, i'm sure my carb and head will be making the trip out there this winter, also have some new plastics and a KX500 front end conversion in store when funds allow.

All in all though the bikes moving along well, all things considered. Having never owned a 2-stroke bike, and spent limited time aboard one, I'm definitely sold on the power, reliability and ease of maintenance. Thank you to everyone, especially Inda, who helped me with any questions I had on here. Hoping to get this thing in tip top shape over the winter, I'm sure i'll have alot more questions in the upcoming months.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome! Nice intro ... :supz:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
92kdxRider
Supporting Member

Post by 92kdxRider »

Thanx butterfly :grin:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Thanks Asah... We try to help everyone. Some things are out of my knowledge range due to not tackling a particular problem before. That's the value of a forum.... no one knows everything but we learn from those who have had experience in that area. Sure saves a ton of money on taking things to a shop that we can do ourselves. Which is about everything!

And the bonus is we get to share info and experiences when we get something right...

Welcome to the board!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Yo...