Just got 05 kdx 200 from southwest PA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kawi Kid

Just got 05 kdx 200 from southwest PA

Post by Kawi Kid »

I just got a kdx200 which is a great bike. I have been riding may of 2009. I first got a suzuki drz125l that I loved. then, my next bike was a crf230 in late fall. It was a good bike, but didnt really like the 4 stroke feel. I have a couple suzuki 2 strokes from the 70's that I love. So, decided to get something with more power than the 230 and definately a 2 stroke. I got the kdx , and love its snappy power. I live in sw PA, and am looking for new places to ride. anybody know any good trails.

thanks
Kawi Kid
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

I know of some good trails but they are a long ways from you.

I haven't had a KDX long either but I like mine also. Always told myself I'd get a KDX one of these day because they have a reputation as being as tough as a tank (kind of like a 2 stroke Honda XR) and also have an almost cult following. I know why now. Very nice little bike. Not a "hot rod" like MX bikes. Not a "dud" like most "beginner" bikes. After years of riding MX bikes the KDX has been a very nice change of pace. I should have bought one a long time ago. Too bad Kawasaki didn't do a better job on the suspension the KDX comes with. Can't fault it other than that and that's not really that big a deal unless you're an experienced rider and push the bike. The characteristics of the motor are great.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
Kawi Kid

Post by Kawi Kid »

I agree about the suspension, but they are much better than my crf230's. I almost bought a drz250, but the 2 stoke is so much simpler on engine maintaince. I think i still would like to get a rm250 or cr250, but always keep my kdx. The kdx seems perfect for my trails.
Kawi Kid
Coop
Supporting Member

Post by Coop »

I wish I knew some trails to tell you. I ride mostly at ICVATV (A riding "club" in IndianHead, about $80/yr) and at Mountain Ridge occassionally. If you go to ICV during the week the place is deserted, on weekends it can get crowded. MR is nice because it has an MX track too and a lot of trails, but paying $25 everytime you want to ride gets pricey quick.

All the trails I used to to ride are all posted now, or have shopping centers built on them :sad: .
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do" - Mark Twain

2003 KDX200
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

>|<>QBB<
David_L6 wrote:Always told myself I'd get a KDX one of these day because they have a reputation as being as tough as a tank (kind of like a 2 stroke Honda XR) and also have an almost cult following.
Same here.
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R