New from WV, could use some advise

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jimjohnson

New from WV, could use some advise

Post by jimjohnson »

Hey all, last week i picked up a 01 KDX220 for $850, tho with everthing i bought that number has almost doubled lol.
Currently the bike has
FMF Woods pipe
FMF turbine core 2
New set of DP clutches
Boysen basket and reeds on order
K&N air filter (had to dremel the ribs in the airbox for it to seat properly)
airbox lid removed
New chain and sprokets 13/47
and according to a recept from the original owner the carb has been bored to 36mm (tho i have been waiting for the new reed basket to take apart the carb and see what needle and jets are in it)

The bike starts first kick and runs great on top end the problem im having and could use advise with the throttle response isnt there when you need it and it seems week on bottom end. I took it riding for about 4 hours yesterday and it seems that just when i need that low end grunt it peters out on me. any help or suggestion would be great and much appreciated.
(Im hoping it could be the reeds possibly needing a carb cleaning because it doesnt like to idle either)

a little about myself, i started riding when i was 3 on a yamaha PW50. the last bike i owned was a 96 KDX200 which i got rid of about 11 years ago for an ATV (yes i havent riden a dirt bike in over 10 years) Ive been getting the itch this past year for a bike and i figured what better then to go back to the bike i loved.

I will post a pic of my bike as soon as i can along with what is in the carb. Love the site and all the great info

Also this post is posted down in member bike profiles...wasnt sure where to post
jimjohnson

Post by jimjohnson »

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome back Jim! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jimjohnson

Post by jimjohnson »

Just an update. Finally got the boysen reed basket in, and gave the carb a once over while it was out. Well for the first time sense I bought her she runs like a top, instead of being weak on bottom end I can bring her up in 3rd withought clutching it. And I'm pushing the upper side of 240's lol