Hello from England

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Caravan Monster

Hello from England

Post by Caravan Monster »

Hello everyone ! I'm here looking for advice on a bike purchasing decision. I have been trail riding on an XR600 for some time and I like the easy going torque of this bike, along with it's build quality and reliabilty. Problem is, age is catching up with me, and I'm getting a lot of back and knee problems. Keeping up with everyone on the big XR is getting to be a struggle and I'm looking at options for a lighter and easier to start bike.

Over here, the large majority ride KTM. They are very good bikes, but I prefer the more simple, usable and less race orientated bikes that were made in the 1990's. How would I find a KDX in comparison to the XR ? Starting is one of the biggest problems with the XR - why does it always stall where I can't get a good swing at the kick start lever ? The trails over here are kind of equivalent to woods riding in the US.

What are the pros and cons of the KDX ? Or should I go with the crowd and modern technology, and get an orange bike ?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

KDX is VERY easy to start, especially compared to a big 600 XR.
KDX is lighter, cheap, reliable, cheap to maintain, with a few mods get very good low end torque.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

I can start my KDX. As long as the gas is on, there is gas in it, and the plug is ACTUALLY screwed in! :lol:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Caravan Monster

Post by Caravan Monster »

I've narrowed my choice down to either a KDX or Gas Gas EC300. Anyone rode both bikes ?
performancecycle

Post by performancecycle »

I have never rode a gas gas but parts are a little more expensive and around most places harder to come by. As far kawasaki parts they are every where, as a refrence go to e-bay and type in gas gas ec300 and note the search results, then type in kdx 200 or 220 and note the results and go from there.