Greetings From Western Washington

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
DoctorDemento

Greetings From Western Washington

Post by DoctorDemento »

Hey Everyone!

My name is Erik, and a 35 year old dirt-bike-aholic. I am an Operating Engineer with the IOEU Local 286, and employed at a ice cream manufacturing facility in Bellevue, Washington. I am happily married with one child. Interests include riding my bikes of course, computer programming, industrial automation, robotics and fabrication.
  • Bikes I currently own:
  • 1971 CT90
  • 1979 XR80
  • 1985 IT200
  • 1990 DR350 (Dual-sport conversion)
  • 1994 CR250R (Spare bike)
  • 2000 YZ426F (Woods racer - 18" rear wheel conversion, WR flywheel/stator)
Sorry, no Kawi's in the stable... yet!

I joined the site because I am interested in information on the KDX range for my son. He is currently riding the IT, and he loves it. But, he is beginning to reach the limitations of the brakes/suspension and parts availability. I thought that a KDX200 would be ideal for him to transition on. I also thought that a KX/KDX hybrid would be an excellent father/son project a couple of years down the road.
:supz:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional...
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

:grin: welcome! i will let the big boys do the "REAL" talkin'. I am not qualified...yet. [Maybe] someday. :wink:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Welcome Doc. The KDX would be a great choice for your son. The ITs were good bikes but the drum brakes were a big weakness. Especially if you ride in the wet, not that it ever rains in western WA.

Oh, and don't be fooled by the Butterfly, she knows more than she lets on. I seem to remember her doing a fork upgrade a while back.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220