matt forstrom from the U.P. of michigan

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
matt forstrom

matt forstrom from the U.P. of michigan

Post by matt forstrom »

Just got my first kdx a couple weeks ago. its a 1993 kdx 200. I have yet to take it for ride haha. I have been doing some cosmetic and mechanical work on it. This site is really helpful especially since alot of people have or had the same bike as me. waiting for the snow to melt so I can tear up the northwoods!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome, Matt! You and I are starting off with one thing in common ... a 1993 KDX 200. Everything you need to know (and then some), you will find here.

I have relatives in Cedarville. They own Viking Boat Harbor.

Enjoy, and get on that bad motorscooter and RIDE!!!!! :supz:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Jupiter2
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Jupiter2 »

Whats up Matt.
I just picked up a 2000 KDX 2000 last month myself. I mostly ride in the Greyling area but definitely plan to hit the UP as well. My wife has some family and I got some buddies who grew up in the Mass City, Baraga area. Maybe we all can hook up for a ride this summer.
gregf@aimcom.com

2000 KDX 200
2002 XR200
Kazuma 90cc quad
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Welcome, Matt! You and I are starting off with one thing in common ... a 1993 KDX 200. Everything you need to know (and then some), you will find here.

I have relatives in Cedarville. They own Viking Boat Harbor.

Enjoy, and get on that bad motorscooter and RIDE!!!!! :supz:

thanks haha! from what i have been reading on the site you are the only one that I know of that has the exact same bike as me which is nice to know that someone does haha. unfortunately I have a crap load of snow here so I cant even try my bike out yet. so I have no idea what it can do.
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

>|<>QBB<
Jupiter2 wrote:Whats up Matt.
I just picked up a 2000 KDX 2000 last month myself. I mostly ride in the Greyling area but definitely plan to hit the UP as well. My wife has some family and I got some buddies who grew up in the Mass City, Baraga area. Maybe we all can hook up for a ride this summer.
That sounds like it would be a good time :supz: I go through mass city everytime I head up to houghton. Its a great area to ride! I'm still waiting for the day that I can test my bike out haha!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome! How are the trails up there?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

hey there! considering there is a ton of snow here, the trails are excellent right now when it comes to snowmobiling haha. I'm waiting for it all to melt so I can try out my bike for the first time. It will probly be the end of april before I get to do that haha.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yeah, I've been skiing up there a bunch and have almost rented a sled. Was curious as to the singletrack up there outside of the 4x4 quad/sled trails.
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

well what me and some buddies usually do is we have a bunch of singletrack narrow trails way out in the country that we usually go tear up. I live in Ironwood,Mi. and most of the trails are atv and snowmobiles because its the biggest trail system around and very popular to tourists. In my opinion I like just throwing the bike or the wheeler in the truck and go exploring, theres so much property up here I cant ever get bored. The DNR up here hate when 2 stroke bikes tear up the atv trails. so riding way out in the boonies eliminates and worrys haha.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Cool!

That's the area I've been to....Hurley/Ironwood. Pretty fun. How can an enduro bike tear up trails worse than a 700lb 4X4 quad?
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

exactly! haha thats what I was thinking. for some reason the DNR frowns apon 2 stroke bikes on the trails up here. It makes no sense at all! But I'm still gonna tear em up haha!
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Hi matt , and welcome to the site. :supz: I have a place in Florence Wi.
Juuuuust a bit east of you but, real close to the U. P. Join MI-TRALE for all
the benifits of being in a club. They are both 2 and 4 wheel freindly. I am a member also.

I too, can't wait until the snow melts. :prayer:
matt forstrom

Post by matt forstrom »

Nice!! I will definitley have to do that. 45 degrees here today snow is melting haha!