Riding the Michigan Trails with my first 2 stroke! KDX 200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Jupiter2
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Riding the Michigan Trails with my first 2 stroke! KDX 200

Post by Jupiter2 »

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself.

I used to ride 4 stroke enduros back the 80's but never had the guts to get a 2 stroke although I wanted too. After almost 30 years I finally took the plunge! Last week I bought a 2000 KDX 200 and I can honestly tell you I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. I have a lot to learn.

Last year I bought myself a 02 Honda XR200 and a 90cc Kazuma quad for my son to test the waters. All we do is trail riding and I wasn't sure if it was going to be as fun as i remembered. Not to mention I'm not getting any younger. Well it didn't take long before i was totally hooked again and after last summer on the XR I decided I needed something with a little more kick. After talking to several folks and reading a lot of forums I ended up getting the KDX.

The bikes a little rough around the edges and will need some work to restore it to its former glory but runs well enough for the up coming season. I think I'm just as excited about rebuilding it as I am about riding it! And that's one of the reasons I decided to join up with you all!

I look forward to talking with ya.

I'll make sure I post up some pics of the bike soon.

Greg
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome aboard Greg! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:partyman:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Welcome to the Jungle . . .
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Welcome !!! :supz: Where in Michigan do you ride? Ever get to the U.P. ?
Jupiter2
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Jupiter2 »

Thanks for the welcomes!

So far I've mostly ridden at my buddies farm in Eton Michigan outside of Lansing, state land around St Helen's and Greyling. But several of the guys I ride with are from the UP and try to get up there a couple times a year. If i can swing it this year I definitely want to go. They all grew up in Rockland and Mass City just east of Ontonagon so thats where they ride. These guys grew up riding in the UP and the stories they tell!

Its definitely on my list!
gregf@aimcom.com

2000 KDX 200
2002 XR200
Kazuma 90cc quad