David Eckel From Medford, NJ

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

David Eckel From Medford, NJ

Post by dfeckel »

Well, I figured I'd milked the site for free long enough, so I donated a few bucks. I have to say that this site has been a real wealth of information, and I was happy to donate some coin.

A little about myself? Name's David Eckel, I'm 35 years old, happily married with two young uns (four and eight), work in the dental field. I originally started riding back in 1983 on a Kawasaki KLT 200 three wheeler. I was way too small for that thing at the time, and then moved to a 1985 KLF 185 Bayou, eventually moving to a 1987 KSF 250 Mojave. I rode the wheels off those quads, but never really turned a wheel on a motorcycle until I transitioned to street bikes at age 18. I only got into the dirtbike scene again in the last few years once I moved to NJ.

Jersey is a tough state to ride dirtbikes in unless it's titled and registered as a street bike. So, I went Husky, riding a street legal 2007 TE250 for the last couple of years. STarted enduros in the ECEA about three years ago, and have fallen in love with racing enduro. I just moved up to the B class, and I decided I wanted a lighter, more flickable bike than the TE, so I picked up a 2008 Husky CR125 last year. That little bike just rips up the sand whoops and fire cuts of New Jersey, but it sucks in the hills and rocks of PA. I plan on running all the ECEA enduros this year, so I wanted another bike that would do well in the rocks and hills of PA but still be legal in the B200 class and NOT BE ORANGE. I like to be different. What to buy?

Well, enter KDXrider.net and ebeck's KX-KDX cookbook. The perfect solution. I can have an awesome, tractable, torquey 200 KDX motor in a lightweight, great handling package. All I will need to do is outfit the KX suspension and chassis for the rocks.

I'm now done with all the fabrication to get the 200 motor in my 2003 KX 125 chassis, and I'll be powdercoating and assembling the bike in the next several weeks. I have until May to finish it up before the first rock run, and I'm psyched!!!

Many thanks to ebeck and all the others who have documented their hybrid builds and made the process so much easier for me.

David Eckel