Hello from the U.K

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
cornishwrecker220

Hello from the U.K

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hi , ive recently joined this site so thought i would say hello..i live right down the southern tip of england in the county of cornwall...places to ride here are limited & most are off limits to motorcycles so i ride in the weekday when there are very few people about & nobody seems to care.my weapon of choice is an 03 220 to which ive recently fitted some sensible aftermarket parts..fmf gnarly pipe,boysen rad valve,renthal desert bars with barkbuster hand guards (bar clamps rotated 180* for my 6`3 stature) renthal gold anodised sprockets, tsubaki hd o ring gold chain,air box lid removed. re-routed carb air breather kit,alloy skid plate,irridium spark plug,twin air filter.michelin tyres with h/d tubes.my kdx is fully road legal & includes working headlamps/stop light, speedometer & horn so i can ride to my trails & home again day or night without too much attention from the police!..all the above has taken me 3 months of hard work to get my bike looking & running the way it should & now its finally ready for the trails!..i will try to upload a picture on here as soon as i figure out how to?
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome. To upload pics, all you need is a photobucket acct.

We'll be waiting for the view!

:supz:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
cornishwrecker220

Hi & thanks for your reply..sadly im not computer savvy so i shall seek the help of my friend that is..watch this space!... :grin:
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

Were bouts in Cornwall you too? Im smashin about on a 97' 220 just currently carrying out the KX250 Front end MOD.
If at first you dont succeed.. Then push the other guy of his bike!!
cornishwrecker220

HI bud im located in penzance..i have a couple of friends who also ride kdx`s..a 200 & 220, both have upsidedowners fitted from the kx range which they both like but have found the front end a little ridged for the trails so theyve decided to do a revalve with softer springs etc..bikes look real nice with the usd conversion,hopefully they should be out riding in the new year...where abouts are you..nice to see another cornishman :grin:
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

Im over Helston way, I got out riding with a couple of mates one of which has KDX220 the others have YZ250 KTM250exc and CRF. Over than that have you had a chance to get out and about on it yet would be good to find some lanes down penzance way. :grin:
cornishwrecker220

went out for a quick ride today everywhere was wet leaking due to all the recent heavy rain fall..havent ridden out helston way for a long time..did a few lanes out mullion/predannick then out across the moor by the lizard & over towards goonhilly way a few years ago which was good but theyre not legal..best time to ride these days is during the week or when its raining..less chance of meeting any wankers...sorry walkers! :grin:
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

Couldent agree more! Someone once took me over some more near penzance dont know what its called or how you get there but that was a good ride, all i can remember of it is coming up over this brow and then there was the mount right in front of us good ride, tried a few lanes down mullion way or should i say by-ways of the four legged varity was really boggy though $#@& knows why they complain sayin we spoil the country side i was shin dip in stick mud thanks to them lol :grin:
cornishwrecker220

expect we`ll be out in the new year so your welcome to come along with a friend if you like..tend to ride in small groups as not to draw too much attention to ourselves...fridays is good as is sunday mornings. :grin:
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

sounds good, get xmas out the way :partyman: and get this mod finished still waiting for my stem to come back from machine shop so bike is in bits at the mo. My bike is techinacally road legal but need to get papers up to scratch to be able to rideout on the road :lol:
cornishwrecker220

no worries give me a shout when your up & running...have you thought about having the forks fitted with lighter/softer springs whilst everythings apart & your waiting for the stem?..kx fork dampening is quite firm even on its softest setting & you may find them a little hard for trail riding...ive used k-tech before & they know their stuff..im sure they can sort you out with no problems...give them a call on 01530 810625.
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

havent done many trails not since last year anyways mainly do racing Hare Scrambles and stuff but i will certainly take not of your friends experience with the forks on board and see how i get on if i too find it a bag of shite i shall give K-Tech a call cheers for the heads up by the way :grin: