just a little intro

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

just a little intro

Post by BobbyZ »

Hi I'm Rob from cape may NJ.I might be new to the forum but I've had my 93 KDX 200 since 93 :rolleyes: It was my 1st real bike.Well as life goes riding got put on the back burner when a air leak caused the top end to seize,cars,girls and college took a priority over fixing the old girl and she got pushed farther and farther back into my parents garage.
Fast foward 8-10 years,I recently met up with a old friend and a few old riding buddies and when I stopped by for a beer and catch up on old times. He offered me his RMZ 250 to take out for a blast.Well that's all it took for me to dig the old girl out :shock: Currently I tore her down to fix all my youthfull neglect with new paint,fresh bottom end and I'm about to send my cylinder off to get a replate on the FRP ported 2mm over jug :mrgreen: I also snatched up a extra head off of ebay for a whopping $8.30 shippedand am going to do the head mod on both.1 for race gas and the other for pump.

well thats about it for now but I cant wait to stick it to some of these new thumpers with my old smoking girl :mrgreen:

P.S. just want to say thanks for all the good info here on a great bike that imo doesnt get enough credit
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome to the site, BobbyZ! Isn't it great to have an "ol' girl" to restore your youth?!

Glad to have ya!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Sweet! Welcome!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Welcome....post some pics of the ole' gal when you get'er all fixed up
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: '..a great bike that imo doesnt get enough credit.'

There are a good number of riders that come back to the KDX after some or several infidelities. There are reasons for that.

Welcome to KDXRider.

Who's doing the replate? USC doesn't have a very good reputation 'round here. Gorr quit using them (at least..a year or so back he said he had). Probably reasons for that, too! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

There is a outfit in PA that came recommended to me by a local honda shop that used to sponsor a few buddies of mine.IIRC its called , Powerseal.I know the place that recommended them deal with hondas :butthead: but they are one of those places that are a true good group of guys to deal with.I fugured if they where good enough for my buddies old pro 125 they could handle the kdx.

As far as infidelities go I should know I too had a 01 cr 250r :twisted: but hey that got sold for a engagement ring,but neither the bike nor fiancee was meant to last,both where high maintenance and went downhill fast :shock: The kdx on the other hand is a bit more like the girl I married.Great to ride all around,can hang in just about any circle,dependable as a rock and low maintenance :blink:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Re: 'The kdx on the other hand is a bit more like the girl I married.Great to ride all around,can hang in just about any circle,dependable as a rock and low maintenance'

Count your blessings.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Normski84

Post by Normski84 »

The kdx on the other hand is a bit more like the girl I married.Great to ride all around,can hang in just about any circle,dependable as a rock and low maintenance
Sweet Simile. i could almost say the same about mine only if i had thought of it. :grin:
If at first you dont succeed.. Then push the other guy of his bike!!