Back in the saddle again

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
usagi

Back in the saddle again

Post by usagi »

Hello everyone. Just bought myself a '90 KDX 200 in great condition. I actually also have an '89 that has been around me for 13 yrs, but for the last 8 or 9yrs, it's been out of commission. Long story short, My Step-dad bought it when I was 12, gave it to me on my 16th birthday. I went out of state for the summer a couple years later and my cousin decided to take it for a ride. Unforunately, he forgot that you have to SHIFT. He went up the 3-mile gravel road, wide-open, in 1st gear.... POP! I didn't have enough money to finish the rebuild after I got the cylinder sleeved and ordered the new piston. Then I joined the Marines, moved, etc, etc. Finally, I have my bike back. My new-ish '90 is pretty much all stock, except for a PC pipe, but my '89 has a 240cc bored/sleeved cylinder, Fatty pipe, FMF spark arrestor, 13/50 gearing, beefed up front forks, and other stuff that I plan to swap once I can make the trip to Missouri to get the parts.... I guess that wasn't short at all, lol.

Anywho, glad to be back in the saddle, and can't wait to hit the trails again. :boogie:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Awesome! Welcome to the site! All sorts of good info here to make your KDX sing!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Great story! Can you make it longer please? I have the same bike as you and... The bike is not for sale...never
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.