Hello from an Aussie in Bolivia

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
CaptainPwnage

Hello from an Aussie in Bolivia

Post by CaptainPwnage »

Hi all,
I've been traveling through Chile, Bolivia and Peru on an XL200 but had some problems with the papers, therefore I returned to Chile and sold it.

Now I'm in Bolivia and I've purchased an 89' KDX200 to hoon around on, I might travel on it too if I can find a way to carry more fuel.

The bike was pretty rooted, leaking water from the radiator and petrol from the carby, rear shock was screwed, huge list of problems but I took it to the mechanic and for $150 they're pretty much rebuilding the entire thing, very cheap here so I'm stoked.

Here's a pic: http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 4345_n.jpg

Cheers
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That would be the metal tanked SR model with oil injection? Those forks didn't appear in the US until 93 and 94.

Welcome to the site! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
CaptainPwnage

Post by CaptainPwnage »

Thanks for the welcome fellas! The original shocks were actually replaced with these, I wasn't sure what they were, figured they were probably some Chinese ones or something. It's not oil injection but the mechanic I'm using has one as well and his has oil injection, I'm a bit pissed I didn't buy his as I didn't know his was for sale until I brought mine into the shop...

Anyone know if there are racks available for this model? I will probably need to carry an extra 10l of fuel on the rear.. (2.5gallons I think).